Scarface - Version 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarface - Version 3

Universal Pictures is preparing a new film take on “Scarface”, though oddly it’s not being labelled either a remake or a sequel says Heat Vision. Howard Hawks’ original 1932 “Scarface” followed Tony Camonte (Paul Muni), an Italian immigrant who rises through the Chicago criminal underworld. Brian De Palma’s 1983 take followed Tony Montana (Al Pacino), […]

Weep, children of the 80's. Another attempt at a Scarface film is coming
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 23-09-2011, 07:00.

Well it's not really Scarface 3, is it? Going to be pretty much impossible to top the Al Pacino one, even with the funny ending involving respawning enemies.

Comment

This time it should be following the rise and fall of Tony... Ferrino

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        This time it should be following the rise and fall of Tony... Ferrino

That's the version I want to see

Comment

Chilean filmmaker Pablo Larrain (“No”) is in negotiations to direct the latest version of “Scarface” at Universal Pictures and Global Produce. The story reimagines the core immigrant story told in both the 1932 and 1983 films. This version swaps the 1930s Chicago and 1980s Miami settings respectively for modern day Los Angeles. In this, a […]

Now a director is in place and the film places proceedings into modern day LA

Comment

Is "Tony" a typical Mexican name/nickname?

The film will probably portray the main character as a noble freedom fighter/drug dealer who gets shot by the evil white cops at the end. Expect some ham-fisted, extremely cringe-worthy immigration message like Elysium.
            Last edited by Guts; 25-03-2014, 07:42.

Comment

They really should have made the planned sequel 10 odd years ago, the story and concept were fantastic and DePalma was on board too:

Scarface 2: Son of Tony

You may be surprised to know this, but in 2001 there was reportedly a sequel planned to Brian DePalma's classic Scarface. The plans were for Cuban rapper Cuban Link (Felix Delgado) to have starred in the movie, which was also based on a script that he had written for the project. Reportedly, Brian DePalma had agreed to direct the movie and plans were underway for filming. However, the plan for a sequel was controversial, and after several years Link expressed that he no longer had any intention to go forward with the project because of conflicts over movie rights issues and creative control. Here are his comments, from the LatinRapper.com website:
              Question: We spoke before about you getting more involved with movies. For those that don't know, why did the Scarface sequel "Son of Tony" never come about?

Answer: It's a lot of politics behind the movie, just like the record business. The movie, the script, I wrote the script, a little project I always seen having. When it got to the real political stage, the rights and all that from the first movie become a problem. People from the first movie wanted a piece, at the end I didn't wanna give my ideas to anyone else so that its stays here with us. Not lost with the system where everyone has a piece of it and I get the short end of the stick. My mind frame is really independent.

Comment

Working...
              X