Independence Day 2: Resurgence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    It can only be better than the first one?
    Going to go out on a limb here and say that despite the original film's corny tone and Americo-centric worldview, I've always believed it's pretty much the perfect Summer Hollywood blockbuster. It's a masterclass in how to make that kind of film, and have it make a shedload of cash.

It had the slow-burn marketing, the bombastic score, the cast of known actors, varied locations, big action scenes, but most importantly, unlike many of today's sci-fi-inspired blockbusters (like the Transformers movies), the pacing in it is flawless. It doesn't drag.

People may knock it, but in a world where movies like Transformers 4 exist, Independence Day is just a world apart.

Comment

You see, Independence day was crap but The Transformer movies are total crap. Great summer blockbusters (or winter) are the original Ghostbusters, star wars and indiana Jones trilogy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
          so the aliens managed to get a copy of AVG or McAfee?
          How would that help? This is a Windows 95 virus!!

Comment

I love Independence Day.

The only silly bit for me was the dog jumping away from the explosion(but I get why they had that bit - people dying lost its emotional impact a long time ago).

Bill Pullman's speech gives me shingles.

I mean tingles.

Comment

The first poster captured in a photo:

Comment

In the early hours the cast held an online Q&A where the title was revealed and some more info given out

Comment

Will Smiths character is now listed as dead in the canon

Comment

Presumably the aliens will have upgraded their ships from using Apple Desktop Bus ports to USB 3 or Lightning. We're gonna need new cables to defeat them this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      Will Smiths character is now listed as dead in the canon
                      ... aaaaand even the tiny amount of interest I had just vanished.

Comment

Jeff Goldblum IS Independence Day as far as I'm concerned.

I don't feel Will Smith's character is necessary in the new one.

Comment

Working...
                        X