Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Is anyone else keeping any eye on this?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think the trailer looks amazing and the story seems to be similar to the first where the team becomes disavowed. I'me a big fan of the series and have really enjoyed them all. Plus Ive always been a sucka for action/espionage movies.
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

This one looks quite good, it's been a mixed series for me which isn't helped by it being all over the place tonally and narratively. Hopefully they don't sidestep his wife.

Comment

Bah, I might only go watch this to see the first 6 mins of Batman 3. Although it appears this is exclusive to the Manchester Imax .

Comment

Looks good.

I've enjoyed the series so far.
        Last edited by Kit; 22-11-2011, 18:11.

Comment

Word was that after a string of underperforming films this could be Cruise's last blockbuster starring role for a while and his last Mission Impossible film if the film failed to do well. The advanced previews went out over the weekend in some territories and...

The IMAX previews alone broke the global and domestic records for IMAX December releases after earning $14m. The film opens properly this week and might just be the hit he needs.

Comment

Saw this at the IMAX yesterday. A top, top film; easily the best of the franchise. It finally brings together all the potential of the first three films. Brad Bird does an excellent job and it style and tone it's very similar to The Incredibled with loads of great action and some very funny moments, mainly down to Simon Pegg. It even has an Incredibles
            style credit sequence.
            I guess the only problem for some might be if you are not a fan of Pegg and his schtick. Very similar to his Scotty in Star Trek.
            Also kudos to Jeremy Renner and nice to see Michael Nymquist from the Millenium Trilogy as the bad guy.
            One thing I never noticed before is just what a weird brow Tom Cruise has. Never noticed before but pretty obvious on a 100 feet high screen!
            Never
            Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

I know this will just be a Cruise ego trip but having Brad Bird at the helm just makes me want to see this.

Comment

I probably wouldn't see this otherwise, but like CMcK, I really want to see what Brad Bird doing a live action film is like.

Comment

Nice one.

All I'm gonna see now is that wonky brow! :/

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    I know this will just be a Cruise ego trip but having Brad Bird at the helm just makes me want to see this.
                    I had to look at Bird's film credits to realise who he actually was...

Family Dog (1987)
                    "Do the Bartman" music video (1990)
                    The Iron Giant (1999)
                    The Incredibles (2004)
                    Jack-Jack Attack (2005)
                    Ratatouille (2007)

...Excluding The Iron Giant, there are plenty of reasons there to make me not want to find out how he handles a live action film. Especially a Tom Cruise ego-ride that has a really ****ty reputation as it is. I'm trolling, I know.

Comment

Watched this today and it's.... sheer bloody brilliance. I'd love Brad Bird to make a Bond film now. Easily, easily the best of the series so far

Comment

Excellent news, we're going to see it this week.

Comment

Sweet. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. I like the series and I like Tom Cruise. He gets a lot of stick but I think he's good. This has native IMAX scenes doesn't it?

Comment

Thought it was pretty good. Not great, but certainly worth watching in the cinema. Even the comedy worked

Comment

Didn't grab me this film. Think the plot line put me off as it was nothing special - although was very impressed with the Burj Khalifa scene, especially knowing that Tom Cruise actually was heavily involved in the scene.

Comment

Working...
                              X