Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst part is there are parts of Skull I enjoy

I like having Marian back it's always good having Hurt around. The campus chase just needed a little more adding to it, I like the idea of going into the russian base with the fight around the test rocket too. Same with Area 51. Hell, even the jungle sequence from beginning to end is on paper a strong Indy style sequence - it's all the execution though. CG should mostly be barred from these films, it contributes so much badness.

Comment

I haven't seen it since my very first watch. Got to go to an early premier. Was so excited... and then not so much as the film went on. In truth, I don't remember a lot of the film aside from CG gophers and some swinging monkeys scene. But what I do remember is being bitterly disappointed with Marian because I felt she was just reduced to a grinning nobody and had lost all her spark. But I don't remember details around that, her role or what she did in the movie.

At some point I am going to have to go back and give the movie another go.

Comment

I can't imagine it'll change your view on rewatch. For me it's value lies pretty much solely in being more time with Ford's Indy. It might not be the best time but as the only other films remotely in the same vein I'd consider done decently to any degree is the Mummy trilogy I'll take it and 5.

I didn't even think Ford was too old in Skull after all that furore either and to be honest I think time has proven me right on that one. We're in an age where many actors have done action scenes at similar or older ages without massive complaint, it's all down to direction. I feel Mangold will do a lot of Indy 5 well, I have a reasonable amount of faith in him, but recapturing the Spielberg tone of the first three when the man himself couldn't?...

Comment

Mads: "Indiana Jones 5" Akin To Indy 1 & 2 - Dark Horizons
          Mikkelsen says Indy 5 aims to be most like Raiders and Doom. I get the intention to go back to Raiders for the ending, Doom is quite different in tone so a curious balance.

#TeamCrusade

Comment

Comment

The first image that popped in to my head upon seeing that tweet was a rock concert.

Comment

After more than six decades of making bicycles soar, sending panicked swimmers to the shore and other spellbinding close encounters, John Williams is putting the final notes on what may be his last film score.

Though still doing various pieces John Williams has suggested that Indiana Jones 5 might be his last film score.

It hasn't been officially confirmed but he's also suggested that Indiana Jones 5 may be Harrison Ford's final movie too

Comment

I wonder if we will get another epic thread and ban out of this movie

Comment

John Williams performs a track from the soundtrack:

Comment

On display at this years D23 show:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Indiana Jones 5's official title is.... Indiana Jones

Not really a fan of dropping the and... from the title but hey ho

Also, John Rhys-Davies will return

Comment

Rubbish. It de-specifies the film and makes referencing it an exercise in needlessly contrived clarification.

Comment

Yeah it's a really **** title. Like The Batman or The Predator. It's just really meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X