No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this film was OK, and much better than it had any right to be. Sort of partway between the Spielberg/Lucas originals and a modern CGI-fest blockbuster, but at least with an underlying sense understanding how the former were so good.

Comment

Booked to see this in imax tomorrow with my wife, we’re both looking forward to it despite the lack of enthusiasm I’ve seen about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Booked to see this in imax tomorrow with my wife, we’re both looking forward to it despite the lack of enthusiasm I’ve seen about it!
        Don't beleive all the negativity about the movie. It's a good movie that's worth your time. Yes, it's better than skull by a great margin. No, it's not as good as Raiders or Last Crusade. But it is better than Temple of Doom in my opinion.. Let's face it, Temple of Doom is only really remembered for the awesome mine cart chase. The rest of the movie is fine but nothing amazing.

Comment

that poster is sick

Comment

Mangold Talks "Dial of Destiny" Ending - Dark Horizons
            Mangold confirms what was obvious all along - that the reddit and chud rumours about Whaller-Bridge being set up as Indy's replacement, her erasing him from history etc was all BS

Comment

Well, both my wife and I really enjoyed it today to be honest, maybe we're just more easily pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Well, both my wife and I really enjoyed it today to be honest, maybe we're just more easily pleased.
                See, told you you'd like it

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Mangold Talks "Dial of Destiny" Ending - Dark Horizons
                  Mangold confirms what was obvious all along - that the reddit and chud rumours about Whaller-Bridge being set up as Indy's replacement, her erasing him from history etc was all BS
                  I'm willing to bet there is a different ending out there (knowing how it ends) and was changed. We know it had reshoots.
                  My bro has asked me to go see it so I'll see what's what.

Comment

You’re putting so much work into hating this movie. Giving them your money so you can hate it live at the cinema will really show them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      You’re putting so much work into hating this movie. Giving them your money so you can hate it live at the cinema will really show them.
                      I'm 100% expecting it to be a bag of bollocks. It always looked bollocks from the first trailer. If you go back to all my comments in here, I've always said it'll be bollocks. Too many big films have been bollocks for me to think that this won't be bollocks.
                      I mean, I'm open to being surprised. But yeah... Bollocks.

Comment

Just back from the cinema. That was adequate entertainment basically.

Comment

It says everything that when a new Indy is being dissected, it's done so in comparison to the other entries in the franchise and never against others in the same sub-genre. I'm now very locked in on my rankings:

Crusade > Raiders > Dial > Temple > Skull

Comment

It says everything that when a new Indy is being dissected, it's done so in comparison to the other entries in the franchise and never against others in the same sub-genre. I'm now very locked in on my rankings:

this is quite the worst thing i have ever read on the internet.

Comment

If it helps there's a very, very, very wide gulf in getting from Crusade and Raiders to Dial. Temple is one I like a lot about but intro and mine cart ending aside it's never been that amazing an entry, it only stopped being called the weak one because Skull came out. As for Skull, it is absolutely, catagorically worse than Dial.

Comment

Perfect. That is exactly how I'd rank them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X