No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Disney bought Lucasfilm over a year ago, the only real purpose was for the Mouse House to get its hands on the “Star Wars” franchise. Lucasfilm did control one other highly valuable property though – the “Indiana Jones” franchise. However, Paramount had a controlling interest in that film series. Not anymore it would seem. […]

Disney have just finalised a deal with Paramount regarding the rights to Indiana Jones meaning that Disney are fully fully clear to make future films in the series

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

New rumors emerge every other day regarding “Star Wars: Episode VII”, while recent reports of Disney’s scoring rights to future “Indiana Jones” film have sparked talk of when we might see the next chapter in that series. As a pointed reminder though that both projects are still some time off, Disney Chairman Alan Horn tells […]

Disneys chairman says the film is 2-3 years away, thereby effectively confirming the recent rumbles of Disneys intentions

Comment

Not a set thing but

“Transformers: Age of Extinction” and “What Richard Did” star Jack Reynor has reportedly landed an unspecified role in J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VII”. AICN broke the news, Reynor being the latest name of many linked to the project. As per usual, there’s no confirmation of any kind to casting as yet from LucasFilm […]

Apparently Pinewood has stage space reserved for this

Comment

What does Disney getting the rights to this mean for Indy? Is it a general consensus that it is good or bad?

Comment

Like they could make it any worse than Crystal Skull already was...

Comment

I can't see there being a future for Indy one way or another. I mean, for me personally - I have no doubt Disney will squeeze out more and, in all likelihood, we'll see a new actor in the role soon which will send me off on a rant about the disrespect for those who made the role and the transience of modern culture. But for me, it's following the godawful Crystal Skull and the only two options are Old Man Indy or young recast Indy, neither of which I have any interest in.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/300...ll-a-while-off

Disneys chairman says the film is 2-3 years away, thereby effectively confirming the recent rumbles of Disneys intentions
                  Harison is 72 this year, so will be circa 75 at that time, no way he could pull off Indy, he barerly manged the last one!
                  and if the bag wearer has any part of the new one then its a def no go for me.

i liked the Young Indiana Jones TV series, pitty they only got 30 odd episodes out of it, as there was suposed to be over a 100 in development.

a young indy set before raiders would be the best way to go.
                  Last edited by beecee; 24-02-2014, 12:56.

Comment

It does seem like the whole big Star Wars projects and Harrison wanting one more entry is keeping the series on hold. If I'm being honest I do have issues with Skull but Ford wasn't one of them, despite the drumming old action actors get I tend to find them more entertaining than many of their younger performances and no trouble in the action scenes. With Ford, less so as the rust was there but I was fine with him so could easily sit through one last hurrah.

Given the franchise though Disney will never leave it alone and we'll definitely get repeated recasting and rebooting for the rest of time now.

Comment

More rumors out of the Lucasfilm camp this week, this time dealing with two bits of “Star Wars” casting talk, a follow-up to that “Indiana Jones 5” report the other week, and some talk of potential story directions for ‘Episode VII’. All the information today comes from Market Saw who vouch for their source and […]

This latest report suggests Ford has Disney locked in for not just a fifth film but also a sixth.

Comment

Ford's probably gone demented. He'll be more likely dead than make the sixth Indy.

Comment

It's official: there's a rumour that Indy 5 might be a reboot with a new Indy. Confirmed: someone claims that Bradley Cooper may be considered, maybe. http://latino-review.com/2014/03/exc...mes-bond-path/

Comment

"Official" and "confirmed" in that dazzling article by... Latino Review?!

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure that Disney do have plans to recast Indy in time, there's no other option for them however if it's in the next couple of years they'll stick with Ford. Skulls box office shows he still has the box office weight when in the role regardless of his age, plus recasting quick would just annoy him, not something they'll be after doing whilst they want him on side for Star Wars over the next few years

Comment

thank god Shia LaBeouf never got to be the new indy, I'm kind of glad hes lost it and been shown up as a talentless plagiarist terrible actor.

Comment

Working...
                                X