No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from a pub lunch with LaBeouf.

He didn't claim that he bought the drinks when I got them in, but he hoovered up the majority of the two bags of scratchings I bought for everyone.

EDIT: Beadle didn't walk in, so I can't confirm if we'd change subject or not.

Comment

If Beadle walked into my pub I'd get him on team for the pub quiz, man had a crazy amount of knowledge

Comment

Following the success of “Guardians of the Galaxy,” everybody wants Chris Pratt for their next film. One project at Disney though may get him – the proposed reboot of the “Indiana Jones” franchise. The studio is reportedly eyeing Pratt to star in the project, taking over the role which Harrison Ford played in four previous […]

I'm doubting it but rumour that Disney is eyeing up Chris Pratt for Indiana Jones

Comment

Just like with Ghostbusters. Indiana Jones isn't Indiana Jones without Harrison Ford. Why tarnish the name?

Comment

It suggests there wasn't much truth the rumour about Ford forcing a fifth entry out of Disney for taking part in Star Wars either. Shame his run ends with Crystal Skull, still think that despite his age they could have turned out one more better fitting entry for him before the inevitable recast.

Comment

Indeed. I mean, he is getting on but still, he could have been like Henry Jones senior was in the last crusade. All Hollywood is doing is taking classic names and remaking them with people who can't even come close to replacing the originals. What's next? A remake of back to the future?

Comment

We would have definitely had one if Zemeckis hadn't retained the rights, god love him

Comment

We already had Ford being like Henry Jones senior and Shia LaBeof was junior and it was dreadful. It's done. Over. They shouldn't remake, recast or make any more. Let them be the (mostly) great pieces of work that they are.

This remake, replace, recast culture is terrible. Everyone is expendable, replaceable. Nothing has value, nothing has respect. The James Bond justification doesn't and shouldn't fit everything and most remakes have no cultural impact. Remember the Total Recall remake? Nope. Will anyone remember the Robocop remake in a couple of years time? Nope. Is Chris Pine really an iconic Kirk? Nope. It's all cynical, vacuous and disposable. I love Chris Pratt and he's a damn good choice for something that should never ever happen.

Comment

To be fair, Shia LaBeof was annoying. I don't like him in anything to be honest. I do agree with you on the remakes you mentioned although the Star Treck one wasn't that bad. Total Recall though was total ****. It had nothing on the original one.

Comment

I really enjoyed the first new Star Trek movie. But they're no Shatner and Nimoy and never will be. They also, like so many of these remakes and reboots, now set up the cast as disposable. They're not real characters now, just vague descriptions - the action white guy, the judgemental dude with the ears. They'll eventually be some other action white guy and dude with the ears. So yeah, I'm not saying Star Trek is a bad movie at all (although I hated Into Darkness) but it's not a good thing to happen generally. Even good remakes can be bad thing. The only one I can think of that I'd give a pass to in about the last 15 years are the Planet Of The Apes movies and that's because they did something very different and were able to stand on their own. The original concept (apes taking over) was so vague that can have another take without negatively affecting the culture of the original.

Comment

Great posts Dogg Thang, I fully agree. It's depressing and I try to refrain from posting in the movie threads on here as that's pretty much my feelings towards all these films that are coming out. Ghostbusters 3 and Indy 5...zzz.

Comment

“Guardians of the Galaxy” leading man Chris Pratt very briefly spoke on Friday about the rumors of him taking over the role of Indiana Jones in a proposed reboot. Appearing at a university roast, Pratt wouldn’t admit to anything other than telling ComicBook.com that such a possible job is an “awesome opportunity”. One person who […]

Chris Pratt says playing Indy would be a great opportunity, also Matthew Vaughn says the same of directing one or Star Wars

Comment

Last month came the juicy rumor that filmmaker Steven Spielberg was after “Guardians of the Galaxy” star Chris Pratt to take the reigns of a reboot of the “Indiana Jones” franchise being developed at Disney Pictures. Now, Deadline reports that should a script come in to his satisfaction, Spielberg hopes to direct that film just […]

A rumour that this 'reboot' is set to be directed by Speilberg. Don't buy this one at all

Comment

From the director of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull...

Comment

When Disney purchased Lucasfilm a few years ago, both companies made it very clear that “Star Wars” would be their big focus and the “Indiana Jones” franchise would be put on ice for now. In the new “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”-themed issue of Vanity Fair this month, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy has finally confirmed […]

Kathleen Kennedy confirms that Disney is now looking at how to progress with development of Indiana Jones films though they're very early in planning.

To me, the best way of doing this now would probably be a bookended fifth entry.

The film opens with Ford as Indy in the 1960's chasing down some artifact and after a cool opening switches back to the 1920's with whoever will be replacing him as Indy for the majority of the film. Then at the very end we switch back to Ford for the finale. Indy 6 onwards then can use the new guy and continue the franchises history of offering chapters from Indy's life jumping between the 10's-60's. Allows them to get audiences eased in, Ford to have a high quality finale appearance and Disney to pull a Star Wars and keep the existing films canon making the huge fanbase happy whilst continuing via recasting.

Comment

Working...
                                X