X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Star Wars Episode VII has reached $1.94bn

It's next milestone lies ahead as becoming the third film of all time to top the $2bn mark, a feat which will also be impressive as it hasn't required the numerous re-issues, re-releases and format change ups that the top 2 films were boosted by. It should reach the mark inside of the next fortnight.
    i would not be surprised if they Rerelease the film at cinemas a month before the next film comes out

Comment

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens passed the $900m mark at the domestic box office and the $2bn mark at the international. The last goal post it could potentially reach is to overtake Titanic as the second highest grossing film of all time. However, it still needs $180m to do that and its momentum is much slower now with other films starting to come out as this month goes on so it may well fall short.

Comment

Episode VII has not just earnt $2bn at the box office, but it's also earnt $3bn in products. Surely, factoring other SW related sales in merchandise etc Disney must have already made back the money it spent buying the entire company?

Comment

It does seem to have made the sale feel like a bit of a bargain.

Comment

Well it seems like Deadpool has already made its production budget back with today and a limited early release yesterday http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...adpool2016.htm

Comment

It's still too early to confirm but estimates for the four day weekend suggest that Deadpool might end up having taken as much as $150m over a 4 day period. That means the film has broken the biggest opening for an R-Rated film by over a clear 50m beating Matrix Revolutions as well as being the biggest opening weekend ever for Fox beating even Star Wars Episode 3. After almost two decades of big time attempts it also looks to be the hit Reynolds has been trying for as his previous biggest opening weekend for a film was ironically X Men Origins: Wolverine. The film looks to have taken a massive $260m in its opening weekend worldwide and even if it had a clear 50% drop off in takings in the coming week it looks set to sail past $500m at some point soon, a figure that would put it in line with the early Iron Man films.

Meanwhile, Zoolander 2 wasn't just reviewed and received poorly but it has earnt $15m and seems set to ensure no third entry is ever made.

Comment

Looks like after this weekend Deadpool will reach near to $500 million world wide and still only early days yet to http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...adpool2016.htm

Comment

So the force awakens has done really good business everywhere pretty much except China

The movie earned 265m less than Furious 7 and 100m less than Jurassic world so in terms of a blockbuster it did quite poorly even though it was advertised aggressively because the previous movies didn't do so well (took around 125m)

So what will they have to do for the next one for it to do better, I have heard rumours that they've got some Chinese talent in for the fight sequences but will that be enough, considering by 2017-2018 China probably will have overtaken America as the biggest box office share in the world

Comment

They just need some Vin Diesel in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      They just need some Vin Diesel in there.
                      Obi vin kenobi or darth Vinder

Comment

I would totally go see Darth Vinder. Disney needs to make that happen.

Comment

If I was Disney I'd see how Rogue One does but if it stalls then I'd push China aside and class anything earnt there as a bonus. I'd rather that than them forceably bend the films to appeal to that one market. It's understandable when it's something that rests on success in the market to succeed but less so when it's to bump up a $2bn earner.

Comment

After it's second weekend, Deadpool is already the highest earning domestic X-Men entry. On the international stage it's already the second highest grossing, only behind Days of Future Past.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              If I was Disney I'd see how Rogue One does but if it stalls then I'd push China aside and class anything earnt there as a bonus. I'd rather that than them forceably bend the films to appeal to that one market. It's understandable when it's something that rests on success in the market to succeed but less so when it's to bump up a $2bn earner.
                              Remember the Chinese market is only getting bigger and bigger plus even though it earned over 2BN which is fantastic the difference between what it earned and a movie like furious 7 earned is the difference of being the 3rd top movie worldwide and the 2nd which it would have been if it had appealed more and I bet that is also on the minds of Disney

Either way listening to the BBC news prior to the Chinese release it seems that it's an important territory to them so I doubt it will be brushed aside but much like yourself I hope they manage to break it without changing too much

Comment

I still reckon they will re release episode 7 again in the cinema, perhaps a month or two before episode 8, as i really think they would not lose out on the chance to get the top grossing film of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                X