Elementary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elementary

CBS tried to remake the BBC's Sherlock and the deal fell through. Then then magically announced their own Sherlock which is a contempary update of the old stories. Cue the BBC saying it will be watching with it's lawyers very closely.

Well, as CBS starts to put it together they've announced who will play Watson... Lucy Lui.

Johnny Lee Miller plays the title character

I was going to start a thread about this as I've been watching it on Virgin since it started but nobody I know has been watching it either.

It's bloody brilliant!!

JLM is just immense as Holmes and Lucy Liu is very good as Watson. The two of them have great chemistry.

The supporting cast is very strong and the stories are interesting takes on the usual US procedural drama.

This, Rizzoli & Isles and to a lesser extent, Bones (this season has been a bit hit and miss) have more than helped the lack of House and Lie To Me in my life.

Comment

It gets better and currently upto episode 19ish

There is one episode with a glimpse of moriarty who is going to be a biggish character in season 2

Comment

Yeah. I missed the pilot so have watched since ep 2.

We're only an episode behind the US or so it seems which makes a nice change.

I've managed to get hold of HD copies of them all though so I can rewatch at my leisure (and finally see the pilot).

Comment

It is very good. Probably the best procedural type show, mainly thanks to johnny Lee Miller, but also thanks to some smart, and above average, scripting.

It doesn't quite have the edge of the very best Network shows currently on air (like Supernatural or Person of Interest). But its better than anything else within its genre.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 23-04-2013, 04:34.

Comment

another positive vote here, just seen E19, with the introduction of Ms Hudson.

good paced episodes, although can be easy to see "who dunnit", but i'll keep watching.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
              another positive vote here, just seen E19, with the introduction of Ms Hudson.

good paced episodes, although can be easy to see "who dunnit", but i'll keep watching.
              Spoilers! I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

hardly a biggie, an intoduction of a character thats part of the holmes family...no more a spoiler than busters post.

Comment

Awesome recommendation guys, noticed the thread this morning and have been addicted all day lol

Comment

Where can I watch this on demand as it sounds ideal for me and the missus, who went to school with Johnny Lee Miller!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Where can I watch this on demand as it sounds ideal for me and the missus, who went to school with Johnny Lee Miller!
                      Netflix US has it as long as you *ahem* get around the UK site.

Comment

JLM was going out with a girl called Emma for years, and they planned to get married.

When they split, I imagine she was gutted to hear his next girlfriend was Angelina Jolie!

Anyhoo, It's on demand with Virgin as it's on Sky Living, but S1E16 is the earliest episode.

Just watched it and loved it! It's actually really funny!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Spoilers! I haven't seen it yet.
                          It is when you're not 100% up on Holmes history and are seeing this all fresh for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            ?

JLM went to the same school as me, he was two years above me... an ALL BOYS grammar school... curious to know how your missus could have gone to school with him. Unless she's talking about primary school here
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

She went to Tiffins for girls, he went to the one for boys and they quite often had lessons together.

Seems like you may have gone to the same school too, but you've never featured in one of her lame to fame stories!

Comment

Working...
                              X