Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlaymoTV - US streaming services from elsewhere

Anyone else on the Playmo Beta?

I can get lots of extra films on Netflix on my PC now, but not on the Xbox360. I have changed the DNS in my router so it should affect all devices - any ideas? Unless perhaps it was like this before (less films streamed to Xbox than on PC???)

For example, I can watch IP Man on the PC but not on the Xbox.

edit: solved! see below.
    Last edited by charlesr; 31-03-2012, 15:35.

Looks like I have to remove the netflix "save game"

Comment

Awesome. It works.

Comment

This looks wicked.

Comment

I did have playmo for my PS3 but could only get US 'or' UK content - would I need to delte the netflix 'game save' in order to get both on the PS3, or is it simply one or the other. Also, while running the US content, I had no 'Recently Watched' section, and the connection seemed VERY tempermental indeed. Anyone else had these problems at all? It's a shame as I would dearly love to have access to both UK AND US content on my PS3

Comment

I've been using the PlaymoTV "settings" now for about a month without having actually signed up for anything.

Does signing up for the beta offer any advantages over simply just using their settings? I know that they will be charging for this service in the near future so was wondering if signing up offers any discounts when it goes to subscription service.

Funkydan: - To the best of my knowledge, you can only have the content from one Netflix territory at the same time. You can't have access to both USA & UK content at the same time on the same screen. However, there is a lot of overlap though. There's more than enough content on the USA Netflix to keep most people happy.
            Last edited by shiffy; 02-04-2012, 15:21.

Comment

I'm not aware of any benefit, although it has a green light if it's working! :|
              Although I think when it goes beyond beta, access will be limited and quite small in number initially.

Comment

I've signed up for this. Is it any different to unblock-me.us that a few of us were when netflix uk launched?

Comment

Sorted, running UK content on my Wii and got the PS3 running the US content!

Comment

Just got an email saying this will shortly be $5pcm. Does anyone know how they are going to block access - will it be by IP address? I can't think of any other way.

Comment

Working...
                    X