The Mummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mummy

“The Darkest Hour” and early “Prometheus” scribe Jon Spaihts has been hired to pen a reboot of “The Mummy” franchise for Universal Pictures says Variety. Stephen Sommers helmed the decently received first film in 1999 which starred Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz and was itself a reboot of the classic Universal Monsters movies from the […]

Are You My Mummy?

You literally cannot move for remakes and reboots these days. Universal is gearing up a reboot of the reboot of the 1930's/1940's Mummy films. Jon Spaits who worked on Darkest Hour and early drafts of Prometheus is working on the new version of what was recently the Brendan Frasier starring vehicle. Spaits says of the new version: "I see it as the sort of opportunity I had with 'Prometheus': to go back to a franchise's roots in dark, scary source material and simultaneously open it up to an epic scale we haven't seen before"

Not sure the Mummy was ever scary to be honest. The Original film is basically about some sad stalker who comes back from the dead and starts terrorising a woman.

The Mummy film with Brendan Fraser is a heck of a lot of fun, the sequels were rubbish but part of me would still rather see another one of those than what they are proposing here.

Comment

The Mummy roller coaster at Universal Studios is IMMENSE!

That's not really adding to the debate, sorry.

Comment

Which version? I've been on the one at Universal Studios Hollywood. Really fun ride, especially when it gears into reverse

Comment

Stephen Sommers just got kicked in the ego. More importantly where’s the “Deep Rising” reboot? Universal Pictures have signed a two-year first-look production deal with “Fringe” creators and “Star Trek”/”Transformers” scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci according to a just issued press release. The first films of this new deal? Reboots of Sommers’ “The Mummy” […]

The Star Trek & Transformers writers are taking over writing this and a reboot of Van Helsing

Comment

Reboots piss me right off. These aren't even old films

Comment

Len Wiseman (“Underworld,” the “Total Recall” remake) is in talks to helm the reboot of “The Mummy” at Universal Pictures says Heat Vision. Stephen Sommers helmed the fairly well liked and highly successful first film in 1999 which starred Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz. The two sequels in 2002 and 2008 however were not as […]

Len Wiseman (Underworld, Die Hard 4, Total Recall) is likely to helm this reremake which is set to be set in the present day (groan).

Comment

Sofia Boutella (“Kingsman: The Secret Service,” “Star Trek Beyond”) is in early talks to play the title role in “The Mummy” reboot at Universal Pictures. Tom Cruise is in negotiations to star in the contemporary set movie which Alex Kurtzman is directing. The project is the first in a planned series of interconnected films about […]

Sofia Boutella from Kingsman looks set to be cast as the Mummy itself

Comment

Releases summer 2017, Tom Cruise is confirmed

Comment

They've been talking about this for years; can't believe they've actually went and done it.

Comment

Working...
                    X