• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battleship - New Paramount/Hasbro venture

Battleship @ IMDB

Total film Review

trailer at apple

Went to see this earlier this evening with the other half and was a little surprised

Don't get me wrong it won't win any awards and i was seriously concerned in the first 15 minutes with all the slow motion American flags flying during a football match between America and the Japanese at Pearl Harbour (Harbor) but it picked up and got to be pretty watchable and my partner and I walked away actualling thinking it was better than we first thought it was going to be.

Special effects are superb, if occassionally bordering on Transformers and at one point I'm sure there is a noise that sounded like the decepticons, overall worth the admission of an Orange Wednesday's code

The good was the sea battles, complete garbage in the real world (since im a real sailor), Rihanna was alright and comedy in the right places

The not so great, Alexander Skarsg?rd was wholly underused as i think he is great in True Blood and as mentioned the slow mo American saluting at flags etc

other real life pish was taking

USS Missouri

from a floating museum to an actual battleship in an hour or so, but with this movie it's much better to dis-engage brain and sit there with a labotomy for the 2hrs plus runtime

I would buy it on Blu ray as it will look pretty on a lovely TV set
    Last edited by buster_broon; 12-04-2012, 00:35.

I'm gonna go watch it on Sunday I think as I'm in the mood for some brainless action, it looks very much like... well, Transformers 4

Comment

I had quite liked the look of this in a trailer I saw until Rihanna popped up, I couldn't stand to watch anything with her in it. (Unless she gets brutally killed early on?)

Comment

I went and saw this last night, was very impressed much better than I thought it was going to be. Rhianna fits in well also, not just a cash in.

Story is also pretty decent, and the graphics and action all done pretty well. Kept me on the edge of my seat

Comment

I second that. Very entertaining and action packed. The aliens, especially the yellow one, look like the characters from Haze. Loved how they have turned a very simple game into a all out blockbuster. I really hope they don't do a sequel though.

Kick ass.

Comment

Notch up another thoroughly entertained peep. Great action with easy to follow direction and some decent humour from the lead. Good stuff

Comment

Is it any where near as awesome as this previous cinematic interpretation of Battleship?

Comment

Working...
              X