Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Frost 2 - starring Michael Keaton's head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Frost 2 - starring Michael Keaton's head!

(I was going to put this on Facebook, but thought I'd test the water here first)

Jack Frost 2: The Immortal

The 1998 film titled Jack Frost starred Michael Keaton as a father who died, and came back to life as a snowman to spend time with his son. They go on all kinds of adventures, and in the end the snowman melts, having spent his last moments with his family. I've not seen the film, but I saw a trailer and read Wikipedia, so feel qualified to write and direct the sequel. If you'd like me to make this film sequel, repost this proposal on your page.

Imagine if, not wanting to see his dad die AGAIN, the son took the snowman's head and puts it in a freezer. Thereby granting his father immortality, through use of an improvised life-support system. I don't mean a little freezer in an upright fridge, I mean those big chest freezers like restaurants and my aunt on the farm has. The big ****ers.

Early scene:
    The boy is still young. He opens the chest freezer: "Dad, I love you!"
    Michael Keaton: "Son, why won't you just let me die?"
    Son: "Because we'll be together forever now!"

To start with the boy regularly visits his father's head, kept in the freezer which sits in a storage shed/garage outside the house. During the winter seasons he even takes the head out for exercise and seeing the sights. Sometimes the head tries to kill itself by rolling into a sewer drain, but the boy always stops it in time. Several scenes in the film show an exciting sequence where it almost succeeds! Sadly as the years go by the boy's interest wanes, and he opens the freezer lid less and less. Slowly Michael Keaton's character starts to become insane.

Middle scenes:
    As the boy grows older he still opens the freezer to tell his dad the events in his life.
    "I got a girl pregnant" / "I graduated college!" / "Mom died in a car accident, but didn't become a snowwoman!"

During these scenes Mcihael Keaton babbles incoherently, with a malevolent crazy-hobo look in his little snowman eyes.

The son has a shotgun wedding and settles down to family life, with his dad's head in the freezer. After his own wife and child dies under mysterious circumstances, the son projects his paternal feelings on to his father's snowy head in the freezer. Some scenes to show him reading children's bedtime stories to his dad (implying that the son had adopted his own dad), including a Jack Frost tale (this scene will show the film director's sense of irony!).

Later section of the film:
    The boy has now become a middle-aged alcoholic, and a vigilante crime fighter. He carries his dad's frozen head inside a specially built freezer chest, like the kind rich people take on picnics to keep ice cream cold. They earn a living solving mysteries and helping people out. A bit like the A-Team or Ninja Turtles. Except it's basically just a guy and talking snowman's head.

The final scene is where the guy takes on a warehouse full of Soviet spies. he gets shot and dies, and they then use pieces of Michael Keaton's head to chill their drinks. Probably some kind of vodka cocktail.

Everyone lives happily ever after. THE END.

I'd watch it.

Comment

There is this...

Comment

It sounds similar to Misery, but with a snowman instead of Kathy Bates.

Can't you focus on making a tableman movie? I believe that idea has "legs"...

Comment

Badum-tish! Legs, I see what you did there.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          There is this...
          Mine is a serious drama about the loss of a father and how a son copes. But I like that version too.

Comment

You are a danger to the public.

Comment

You thought you would test here before Facebook? I'm frankly insulted you cad. The ****e that gets put on Facebook...

Comment

Spoilers much?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Can't you focus on making a tableman movie? I believe that idea has "legs"...
                  Would need some decent talent to pull this film off as you wouldn't want the acting to come across wooden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                    Later section of the film: The boy has now become a middle-aged alcoholic, and a vigilante crime fighter. He carries his dad's frozen head inside a specially built freezer chest, like the kind rich people take on picnics to keep ice cream cold. They earn a living solving mysteries and helping people out. A bit like the A-Team or Ninja Turtles. Except it's basically just a guy and talking snowman's head.
                    That sounds a bit like Lone Wolf and Cub / Shogun Assassin in reverse- i.e. son takes father around, rather than kid in a cart. I've never seen Jack Frost but I'm a Keaton fan.

Comment

You didn't miss much.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                        You thought you would test here before Facebook? I'm frankly insulted you cad. The ****e that gets put on Facebook...
                        Problem is I mainly use it for business - you'd be amazed the kinds of developers you can meet through Facebook. I think my friend-to-contact ratio is about 9-to-1. I'm pretty the Japanese developers would see and conclude I was some half-deranged gaijin. Which isn't far from the truth, but good contacts are tough to find.

I should probably start an alt account for wacky bull****.

Comment

Facebook doesn't deserve such quality as this film idea. Get it on Kickstarter.

Incidentally, why is Tim Burton still allowed to make movies?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post

Incidentally, why is Tim Burton still allowed to make movies?
                            Because instead of being the flop it deserved to be, Charlie and the Chocolate factory was a success, and some critics hailed it "The best family film of all time!"

Sketcz, I hope someone turns your idea into a film.

Comment

Tim burton films have always been hit and miss, but when he gets them right they are usually really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X