No announcement yet.

MUSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lyrics work better for them when they're more abstract, like plugin babies crucifying enemies.

Comment

Yeah always been the same for lyrics. Loads of random words that pop up repeatedly in the songs , words you wouldn't hear in other songs.

Listened to the rest of the album today, the handler and reapers are definately the high point.
      It definately trundles downwards for the last few tracks. Revolt is a very positive cheery muse song, people won't like that.
      Aftermath sounds a bit like some kind of weird Christian Rock.
      The globalist is a 10 minute slog of nothing , then you hit Drones which is mostly choir chanting.

I read an article saying they wanted to make this album into a musical, you can actually hear it in these later ones. I've always felt that a MUSE musical could work, they've had a very clear narrative theme running through everything after origin of symmetry and this is no different.

Comment

A MUSEical? Yeah, I'd be up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          The lyrics work better for them when they're more abstract, like plugin babies crucifying enemies.
          The lyrics have always been nonsense.
          Here is a song about Alcohol Abuse.

Royal Canadian Blended
          The spicy aroma had mended me
          Matured for years and imported
          Into my glass you poured it
          And you're the only reason that I remain unfrozen
          Suppose it stands to reason
          That you would turn on me

I actually thought that Dead Inside was referring to the soldier character in the drones album, but instead Matt Bellamy said its about his Ex. Kate Hudson

Comment

Oh I don't mind nonsense! I do mind **** like this though:

Race, life’s a race
            And I am gonna win
            Yes, I am gonna win

And I’ll light the fuse
            And I’ll never lose

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
            Win! Win! Win! Win!

Yes I’m gonna win!
            He literally curled that one out lol.

Comment

But when you squeal it

Yes I'm gonnna wwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn

it instantly sounds better.

Comment

Amazing set at Download. My perfect selection of songs, all the heavy stuff I first liked them for, none of the organ guff from the previous couple of albums.

I'm still buzzing!

Psycho*
                The Handler (Live Premiere)
                New Born*
                Interlude*
                Hysteria*
                Micro Cuts*
                Dead Star*
                Agitated*
                Citizen Erased*
                Dead Inside*
                Supermassive Black Hole*
                Mercy*
                Time Is Running Out*
                Reapers*
                Stockholm Syndrome*
                Encore:
                [JFK]*
                (Defector riff played on guitar)
                Uprising*
                Plug In Baby*
                Knights of Cydonia

Comment

That's not a bad set list at all, good to see they went in heavier.

Comment

Woo glad you got to see them there! Whew!

They've got so many great songs to play live, you can never go wrong

Comment

I was a bit disappointed with the Download set. Not as good as their set at the Barras a few months back. Still good to see the Download crowd was enjoying it.

Comment

@EvilBoris - The festival was heaving. I've no idea of attendance figures, but it didn't feel any emptier than other years.

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        I was a bit disappointed with the Download set. Not as good as their set at the Barras a few months back.
                        Each to their own, but at Download, they played three more songs including some of my faves like New Born and Dead Star, Micro Cuts and Citizen Erased. You can keep Bliss, Starlight and Animals, and I'll have The Handler, Dead Inside and Mercy from the new album, thanks!

Mercy was great with the confetti and streamers at the crescendo!

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Still good to see the Download crowd was enjoying it.
                        Indeed! My friend saw Marilyn Manson, so was waiting for me at the top of the hill and could see the ocean of moshers to Knights of Cydonia.

Did you see me, CMck? I had a raincoat and wellies on over my black heavy metal band t-shirt.

Comment

Ha! I did see another chap wearing a similar to my own retro themed Classically Trained console T-shirt. But it was an orange Ninty shirt.
                          Who else did you see? Faith No More were great as was Judas Priest. Really enjoyed Testament and Evil Scarecrow too. Rise Against were let down by the crowd. I didn't catch Babymetal much to the delight of my good lady.

Comment

I was only there for the Saturday, so I didn't see that many.

I got a bit fed up walking around trying to find somebody I liked. I seemed to go from stage to stage listening to somebody screaming, rapping or both. :/

Andrew W.K. was good - did he mentioned he liked to party?
                            Faith No More were excellent, but I enjoyed them more the first time they played Download.
                            Muse made it all worthwhile.

Comment

Yeah I'm not a metal core fan either but there is loads of it at Download these days. Went to the RIP campsite this year after trying it at Sonisphere last year. Well worth the money. We had loads of room and decent facilities not to mention the RIP area to the side of the main stage.

Comment

I don't normally camp as it's only 45 minutes away.
                                I love the home comforts of a bed, shower and a good night's sleep.
                                Plus Maccy D breakfast on the way fuels me up!
                                If I did stay, I'd definitely R.I.P. it up!

I think I'd have enjoyed Desertfest in London with bands like Orange Goblin, Red Fang and The Atomic Bitchwax.
                                I'm more into riffs and grooves than screams and grunts!

Comment

Working...
                                X