Things the Movies Taught Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things the Movies Taught Me

So, I was mowing the lawn last night and the blades became a bit clogged with damp grass. Before cleaning it out, I made sure it was unplugged, not because it makes good health and safety sense, but because I have seen Maximum Overdrive and am suspicious that the machines will rise up and specifically, my mower will have my hand off.

Also, I was in a store room on my own, unlikely to be disturbed for the few seconds I was going to be in there, but I made sure that I took the keys out of the lock so I couldn't be trapped inside.

Oh, and talking of keys, only a fool would get out of their car with the keys in the ignition!

In what ways have the movies influenced your actions? They can be silly (Let the Wookie win, don't feed the Mogwai after midnight), but do you genuinely do things because you saw it in a film once?

Whenever I've driven a new car and I'm on a motorway I always have a compulsion to reach 88mph

Whenever a guy works at our place who the women fawn over my default mutter to my co-worker is 'You call him Dr Jones, Doll!"

Similar if we go somewhere a bit creepy at night, at some point the phrase 'Don't cross the streams' will be mentioned.

Comment

I have said "Don't cross the streams" when standing next to a stranger at the urinals. I was drunk.

Comment

I use plenty of movie quotes in my everyday life with friends and my kid bro as humour.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Also, I was in a store room on my own, unlikely to be disturbed for the few seconds I was going to be in there, but I made sure that I took the keys out of the lock so I couldn't be trapped inside.
          i always make sure i take the keys out of the door when in my conservatory, for fear of being locked in and suffering some kind of final destination style death.

Comment

Working...
          X