Child's Play: Curse of Chucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child's Play: Curse of Chucky

The Kidd here It was only a matter of time before new life was breathed back into the CHILD'S PLAY franchise. After the series took a more comedic turn with BRIDE OF CHUCKY and SEED OF CHUCKY, Universal is taking the popular killer doll...

The long running killer possessed doll series continues but takes a full on stumble to the realm of Direct to DVD with the latest installment which will release sometime next year. Don Mancini, the creator and writer of all previous 5 entries returns as writer and director with Brad Douriff once again voicing Chucky.

The synopsis is:

"Chucky arrives to wreck havoc within a family that?s regrouped for a funeral. In the wake of her mother?s passing, a young woman ? in a wheelchair since birth ? is forced to put up with her sister, brother-in-law, niece and their nanny as they say their goodbyes to mother. When people start turning up dead, the fearless Nica discovers the culprit might be a ?strange doll? she was sent a couple of days earlier."

The film will return to the horror approach tot he series rather than the comedic approach used by Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky.

"The horror approach"? It's a film about a psycho doll!

I can't believe they're still banging these out. I gave up after the first one.

Comment

Thing is though, if they are on tv when you switch over, you find yourself watching the damn things!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        "The horror approach"? It's a film about a psycho doll!

I can't believe they're still banging these out. I gave up after the first one.
        You shouldn't have. Bride of Chucky was great and one of those rare gems that got the balance between horror and comedy spot on (the rest are crap though).
        Last edited by rmoxon; 26-06-2012, 23:32.

Comment

Bride & Seed of are very enjoyable IMO, not really looking forward to this but the series is reasonable compared to some.

Comment

For me its about Child's Play 2 and Bride of Chucky. The original is a reasonable curio but a not very effective horror, CP3 is seven shades of bad and Seed was abysmal.

Comment

Working...
            X