No announcement yet.

The Thread of Never Ending Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWE Studios and Twentieth Century Fox are partnering on a pair of sequels – a sequel to the 1996 Schwarzenegger holiday comedy “Jingle All The Way” and a fourth film in the DTV “The Marine” franchise. Larry the Cable Guy and WWE’s Santino Marella will topline the ‘Jingle’ sequel which Alex Zamm will direct. Filming […]

Fox is making the DTV movie The Marine 4. However, in a truly horrific turn of events, they're also using Larry the Cable Guy to star in another direct to dvd sequel... Jingle All The Way 2

Comment

I thought I'd wait to judge till a trailer was out...

F***ing awful

Comment

Now Raimi's company is re-remaking The Grudge

Comment

Pointless. The series peaked with the very first Japanese TV version. While the two Japanese theatrical sequels both had some great sequences (and the first of those is a great companion to the TV one, building on the story), they were going through the motions and so, of course, that's just going to run out of steam at that point. The first US one wasn't bad but it sits well under the Japanese ones. Actually I felt there was a little bit of a lost opportunity there because, in some (admittedly thin) plot elements, it felt set up as a sequel rather than a remake but the movie repeated too many segments from the JP ones to claim that. And didn't quite pull them off brilliantly because they didn't commit to the slow pacing.

The
          part of the original TV one is one of the best timed horror moments I can think of.

Ju-on is the Katamari Damacy of horror movies. They got it right so early on that it's hard to see what a new one can bring.

Comment

I can't even remember if I've seen Ju-on or not.

All those sequels and remakes and remakes of sequels of freaky monochrome Japanese kids blur into one after a while.

Comment

You'd remember the sound if you had seen it...
              [hide]
              [/hide]

Hmm... impossible to spoiler a video...
              Last edited by Dogg Thang; 21-03-2014, 10:49.

Comment

Use the hide tags?

Comment

@dogg_thang

I believe I saw what must be the US remake. Think it had Sarah Michelle Gellar in it (although i might be getting totally confused with The Ring). What's the original version you speak of specifically? I'd like to track it down. Ta.

Comment

The original version was a made for TV movie just called Ju-on. It's creepy as hell, has a girl from Battle Royale in it and is amazing. Problem is it never got an official English translation so I had to get a bootleg DVD of it online. Actually, I may have it sitting in a box somewhere (I lent it out once and I'm not 100% sure I got it back). If I find it, I could pop it in the post for you? It's well worth a watch.

There was a TV sequel to that which has a couple of good moments and a wonderful ending if I remember correctly but about 40 minutes of it is recap footage from the first.

Then there were two Japanese theatrical movies. The first (Ju-on: The Grudge) was really great and built on the story from the TV ones, very similar but a sequel nonetheless - well worth checking out. The second has one really creepy moment but generally I found it to be weaker.

Comment

Cool. So really I need to see the original Ju-on. Is the DVD you got Japanese with subs? Or dubbed?

Comment

Japanese with subs. It's a reading movie!

Comment

Sounds fine!
                          Just spent 5 minutes trying to track down a copy to no avail so if you manage to find it Jay I'd love to borrow it.

There's a Wii game of it!

Comment

I'll have a good hunt for it this weekend and let you know if I find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Sounds fine!
                              Just spent 5 minutes trying to track down a copy to no avail so if you manage to find it Jay I'd love to borrow it.

There's a Wii game of it!
                              I'll have a look Brad I'm sure somewhere I might have copies of all the Jpn movies.

Neil

Comment

This place rules :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X