Elysium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elysium

Doesn't appear to be any footage yet but it's gone down a storm at ComicCon. It's the new sci-fi by Neill Blomkamp (District 9). Hopefully they'll put out a trailer or teaser soon (or something will leak)!

A few comments from those that saw it:
    Joblo - #Elysium looks unbelievably badass and huge in scope. Footage lived up to the expectations set by District 9. Full report soon!

Total Film - #Elysium footage shows a brutal but thoughtful sci-fi actioner, another fine-looking slice of dystopia from Neill Blomkamp

AICN's Quint - Holy ****ing hell! Elysium! Absolutely the tonal and spiritual follow-up to District 9 // Elysium is a ringworld paradise hovering above earth. Nice to see Blomkamp getting to put a little Halo in there

/film - Elysium footage wins Comic Con 2012 (thus far)

Latino Review - Elysium footage was insane!

Collider - Judging by the footage, Elysium has the goods where it counts. The action looks terrific (and we saw a lot of action), but more importantly it has a compelling protagonist, serious stakes, and thoughtful subtext. Blomkamp appears to once again have blended great sci-fi with a kick-ass action flick. I was already excited about Elysium, but it?s easily now one of my most-anticipated films of next year.

Sounds excellent. This is the one with Matt Damon in it?

I've only seen a few screenshots this far but going on how much I loved District 9 this will be a must watch for me. Only watched District 9 again a few weeks back which was only a second viewing and considering the budget that film is still superb even by todays standards.

Comment

Yeah it has Damon in it.

There are a few bits of concept art around, the space station seems to have been inspired by Halo which is quite cool (Blomkamp directed the first Halo short and was down to direct the feature movie until they pulled the plug).

Comment

Working...
      X