No announcement yet.

The Fantastic Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probably watch this once it hits streaming, didn't know anything about all the problems this film had, i would have liked to seen it get the Fly treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I'm not. I wanted this to do well. I like Josh Trank's Chronicle (Aslan was amazing! /joke), I like the Fantastic Four and I quite liked the sombre mood of the trailer, which was reminiscent of Interstellar.

One of my favourite superhero movies is still Unbreakable, which isn't Marvel and isn't packed full of CGI cities exploding and wisecracks.

There is room for different types of superhero films, and I hate the hyena mentality of the internet when they smell a wounded animal.
      I enjoyed Days of Future Past and First Class loads but I like the idea of the Marvel Universe crossing over more. I also don't trust Singer. The success of both of those films was purely down to Vaughn and he's gone.

Comment

At this point I'd be amazed if it happened but there's incredibly early mutters that Fantastic Four 2 might still happen even if delayed and carefully worked out to try and repair the damage of the original. Surely the F4 franchise can't be worth all this hassle for Fox?

Comment

Bizarre decision.

Taken 11m

Budget 122m

Comment

Could have been 121m if they'd used a real chimp.

Comment

I'd like to see more superhero based movies bomb like this so that we might get more creative works in cinema.

Just a thought.

Comment

This one should be handy in helping to ensure studios don't get too complacent within the genre, helps remind them that their releases are bullet proof because of the popularity around them

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  I'd like to see more superhero based movies bomb like this so that we might get more creative works in cinema.

Just a thought.
                  I see where you're coming from, but sadly, it's going to be the opposite.
                  Studios are going to play it safe with further reboots and remakes.

Batman & Robin was a flop. That's been rebooted twice since then.
                  Daredevil was a flop. That's had its own telly show since.
                  Hulk was a flop. Still got a sequel and two Avengers movies.
                  Elektra was a flop. She's coming back in Daredevil.
                  Green Lantern was a flop. DC are still doing a sequel.
                  Catwoman was a flop. She came back in TDKR.

They'll just keep on rebooting and retrying until it's a hit again!

Comment

Hopefully the Deadpool movie is at least half good and a sequel merges it within the x-men universe so we get cable/X-Force and maybe an improved Apocalypse (assuming the upcoming one is truly pants)

This will only happen if Singer steps down though, he's never properly captured or cast a mutant IMHO bar the odd exception. I love the fact Collosus looks amazing from 2 seconds of footage compared to anything from Singer, tis a shame Vaughn left the franchise but after the money Future Past made I fear Singer is here for the long haul ala Bayformers
                    Last edited by bash; 12-08-2015, 09:17.

Comment

Before the film opened, the director tweeted that he had made "a fantastic version" of the film that audiences would "probably never see."

It could be all guff as clearly fascination in the project is peaking to find out what happened. The speculation story in the link suggests Fox rushed the film to keep the rights, Trank was a problem director who delivered a terrible film and the studio stepped over him at the end to heavily rework into the still poorly received film we have now. The biggest question seems to be which version was worst

Comment

Is Fantastic Four back with Marvel?!

Apparently, Fox and Marvel have done a deal so Fox can do an X-Men TV show and in return, Marvel have the rights to The Fantastic Four back.

Is that one of the mystery film announcements from Marvel last week?

Comment

Cut to 2020. "Oh, it turns out even Marvel can't make a great FF movie."

Comment

Just clicked the link to see Fox has officially shot the rumour down

Comment

Working...
                            X