Anticipating: Cinema 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipating: Cinema 2013

This years cinema releases are already winding down, for me, I'm not one of the peeps who is 'down' on modern blockbuster films but none the less 2012 has been a bit of hard work. I'm much more looking forward to 2013.

Above is a list of key releases planned for 2013. As is the way with cinema, there will be great films on the way that are either low key, unscheduled or info is limited till closer to release so feel free to mention anything your looking forward to next year that doesn't appear.

Which films are you expecting to watch?
    Riddick
    0%
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D
    0%
    The Last Stand
    0%
    Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
    0%
    Bullet to the Head
    0%
    A Good Day to Die Hard
    0%
    Escape from Planet Earth
    0%
    Jack the Giant Slayer
    0%
    Stoker
    0%
    Oz: The Great and Powerful
    0%
    Carrie
    0%
    GI Joe: Retaliation
    0%
    Jurassic Park 3D
    0%
    Scary Movie 5
    0%
    The Evil Dead
    0%
    Iron Man 3
    0%
    Star Trek: Into Darkness
    0%
    Fast and Furious 6
    0%
    The Hangover: Part III
    0%
    Man of Steel
    0%
    The End of the World
    0%
    World War Z
    0%
    Monsters University
    0%
    Kick Ass 2
    0%
    White House Down
    0%
    Despicable Me 2
    0%
    The Lone Ranger
    0%
    Independence Day 3D
    0%
    Pacific Rim
    0%
    RIPD
    0%
    The Wolverine
    0%
    Turbo
    0%
    300: Rise of an Empire
    0%
    RED2
    0%
    Elysium
    0%
    Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
    0%
    The Little Mermaid 3D
    0%
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones 3D
    0%
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
    0%
    The Tomb
    0%
    Paranormal Activity 5
    0%
    Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For
    0%
    Oldboy
    0%
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 3D
    0%
    The Worlds End
    0%
    Thor 2: The Dark Worlds
    0%
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    0%
    Bad Santa 2
    0%
    The Hobbit: The Desolution of Smaug
    0%
    Saving Mr Banks
    0%
    Last Vegas
    0%
    Jack Ryan
    0%
    REC 4: Armageddon
    0%

Blimey didn't actually realise there would be so many films I want to see next year.

I'm all for the action films next year.

Really really looking forward to Thor & IM3
    Love everything Marvel have done so far & expecting these to continue the awesome trend.

Fast 6 is a must as well, I love how they have moved the franchise into a different direction with 4 & 5, feels like they breathed new life into it & anything that involves 2hrs of cars / chases / women / Explosions is perfect for me.

Monsters U looks interesting but I'll reserve judgement till I see it.
    Inc is my best Pixar film ever, but I'm really not too sold on a prequel.

Man of Steel...hmm I like the trailer so far, they don't give too much away so I'd like to see what the story is & I've always enjoyed Superman movies (even Returns!)

World War Z makes the list too as I loved the book & I'm just hoping it's faithful enough, but again anything Zombie is a must see for me.

KA2, loved the first & have the GN of the 2nd to read love the total OTT nature of it & expecting more of the same this time.

Die Hard & GI Joe, just there purely from an entertainment POV not expecting earth shattering dialogue or deep meaningful movies just balls to the wall action & explosions, just good old fashioned fun

Sin City 2, been so long coming that I totally forgot about it. Sin 1 was fantastic & I just hope this lives upto that, but I'll see it irregardless

So yeah great year coming up for movies for me

Neil

Comment

Startrek and the second Hobbit film are the main attractions for me, but yeah there are a load of potentially good films coming next year.

Comment

Comment

I'll be honest, I don't know what the majority of them are, but Kick-Ass 2 and Fast 6 are the absolute stand-out must see choices for me.

Comment

Great idea for a thread, CTN!

I'm going to watch some of those trailers as I've not heard of half of them and a lot of them seem to be sequels (to films that possibly don't warrant them...)

Originally posted by crazytaxinext
            This years cinema releases are already winding down, for me, I'm not one of the peeps who is 'down' on modern blockbuster films but none the less 2012 has been a bit of hard work. I'm much more looking forward to 2013.
            I thought 2012 has been pretty good for cinema. I've not managed to go looooads, but I've seen most the films I wanted to see.

Dredd was an unexpected treat, Skyfall was my fave Craig-era Bond, Avengers Assemble was much better (and funnier) than it had any right to be, Batman was a great end to the trilogy and The Raid is the best action film I've seen at the cinema in years.

Only Prometheus was a bit of a let-down. It was visually great, but all the characters were buffoons.
            I'm sure this has been adequately covered in its thread, so don't want to derail this one!

Comment

Tom Hardy as Sam Fisher! (If thats next year) or Fastbender in the AC movie.
              Last edited by djtickle; 16-11-2012, 11:27.

Comment

I saw TDKR and The Raid at the cinema and they were well worth it. Wish I saw Dredd but oh well. Hated Avengers.

Not going to watch any Marvel films at the cinema, I've given up on them.

However Man o Steel might be worth a trip, I'll wait for the full trailer (supposedly coming out this year with The Hobbit). Lets hope Nolan bums Snyder into making a decent film.
                I'll not be watching Sin city 2 on the cinema because Frank Miller is now a mad racist and needs help.
                Star Trek 2 should be good, I was surprised and enjoyed the first
                Fast 6 is a must because these are how brainless popcorn movies should be done.
                Not Hangover 3 because part 2 was so shallow and mean spirited.
                Monsters U - maybe, I loved the first but I dont know if they are a must at the cinema. Watched Brave recently at home and thought it was great.
                Looking forward to Wreck-it Ralph although that might count as a 2012 film?
                Pacific Rim is meant to be looking awesome so we'll see how that pans out . . . .

*edit* HOW COULD I FORGET KICK-ASS 2?!? I didnt like the graphic novel but then I thought the first movie was better than the book anyway so this definetly has potential.

Looking back 2012 was pretty poor IMHO

Avengers - ****
                MIB3 - ok
                Snow White + huntsmen - ****
                Hunger Games - ****
                Spiderman - okaaaaaayish
                Ghost Rider 2 - ****
                Wrath of the Titans - ****
                John Carter - not terrible
                Prometheus - ****
                Battleship - ****
                Project X - god awful, fooking terrible ****
                My last hope is The Hobbit which I feel will be a GREAT end to the year.
                Last edited by bash; 16-11-2012, 13:42.

Comment

What an absolutely pathetic list. How many original concept films are in there? Three? Almost the entire list is sequels, prequels, remakes and rereleases. A disgrace.

Comment

Looking at the poll...who in gods name picked Scary Movie & Paranormal Activity??

Come on own up...they've both just got progressively worst since the first

Neil

Comment

Alex WS, just click the numbers Neil!

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        Alex WS, just click the numbers Neil!
                        Lol never knew you could do that...live & learn

Alex...you have been outed

Neil

Comment

Err Mad Max is the only choice and its not on your list!

Comment

More Star Trek for me. Thought the reboot was ace!

Comment

Just a few for me. Hyped for Star Trek, Fast 6, The Worlds End and possibly Riddick. Would have been hyped for World War Z but the trailer is godawful.

Comment

Working...
                              X