Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love that song but i love this vid as i am a massive fan of the film the warriors

Comment

I knew Ikobo would all over this.
      Where's Skull Commander these days?
      As part of the pledge, I downloaded the album then put on most of their debut onto one disc.
      The physical copy arrived at the weekend though.

Eastyy, you've just gone up a couple of notches on the Chimp-o-meter for the Black Spiders and Warriors love!

When you get your copies, get on the motorway and put it on...
      "Let there be drums. Let there be guitar. Let the mayhem ensue."

I definitely got into work a couple of minutes early!

Comment

BT - A song across wires. New album with a far more upbeat orientation. Mix CD on the way, meanwhile listening to the cloud version which has short single versions. Very complex but seemingly simple to listen to. Brain flipping out at some of the rhythm cross overs and broken beats.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            BT - A song across wires. New album with a far more upbeat orientation. Mix CD on the way, meanwhile listening to the cloud version which has short single versions. Very complex but seemingly simple to listen to. Brain flipping out at some of the rhythm cross overs and broken beats.
            Had no idea he had a new album out. Must have a listen to that tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I knew Ikobo would all over this.
              Where's Skull Commander these days?
              As part of the pledge, I downloaded the album then put on most of their debut onto one disc.
              The physical copy arrived at the weekend though.

Eastyy, you've just gone up a couple of notches on the Chimp-o-meter for the Black Spiders and Warriors love!

When you get your copies, get on the motorway and put it on...
              "Let there be drums. Let there be guitar. Let the mayhem ensue."

I definitely got into work a couple of minutes early!
              Arrived today mate, listened to it three times in the car driving over to Edinburgh and back, brilliant album! Was worried it was going to be a shadow of Sons of the North, but I think it might actually be better!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Been listening to that new BT album, A Song Across Wires. I find myself feeling much the same as I did with These Hopeful Machines. Some great sounds, good beats and an enjoyable listen. But nothing that really stands out. It just sort of washes over without the spark that earlier albums in places. It's like he went into soundscape stuff with his soundtracks and This Binary Universe and, when he went back to dance/pop stuff, couldn't quite get away from the soundscape thing. A very enjoyable album and no doubt I'll be giving it a lot of play but not sure I'll remember all that much of it.

Comment

Did you listen to the CD version or the mp3 version? I hear the CD version is better. I think I agree from what I've heard of the mp3 version - it's background music rather than sit down and listen.

edit: I just realised I have access to the full continuous mix too. Firing up now.

Comment

I got it on iTunes so it has the individual tracks and then the continuous mix.

Comment

I don't think I can embed this video as it's on an Amazon page as they've just done a live lounge thing for them, but these guys have their debut album out soon. Seen them a few times live now and they're a great rip roaring rock'n'roll band when they're in full flow. This is a particularly good live version of their song midnight black, play loud for best results............

Comment

Well that wasn't ****. Liked the "Take it Brian" as he went into the inevitable geetar solo!

You can embed these vids but it involves opening up the page source and copying the <object clasid part of the HTML code (it's a ball ache basically).

Comment

There is never anything wrong with an "inevitable guitar solo", though I'm pretty sure he said "Take it man...." not Brian.

Would've been a brilliant song in Roadhouse. Mmmmm, ROADHOUSE!

Comment

Nah is all good I love an extravagant solo!

Aw take it Brian sounds much better

Comment

Working...
                                X