Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airlock Holmes! And how ace was that back cover with the monkey dancing in the flames.

Comment

Love Cast, this one is from their most recent album released in 2012 'Troubled Times'. Got myself tickets to see them in Liverpool just before Xmas, should be a quality evening.

Comment

Chromeo have a new album and the music in the promo sounds amazing.

Comment

^I am sooooo all over that like a rash! Good times.

Comment

Nice!

I have to get this Goblin soundtrack and see the film it's taken from!

I bet Van Peebles has seen it!

Comment

Never seen the movie but own the soundtrack, has some awesome choonz but most of it is...'car chase funk' (hehe)...scratchy and guitary...though with a fair bit of filler...'Notturno' had some good choonz too, albeit it's much mellower.*DIGS OUT GOBLIN CDS*!
              Last edited by JazzFunk; 09-09-2013, 19:30.

Comment

Car Chase Funk is my bag, baby.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Check out Roy Budd's score for 'Who Dares Wins', his Get Carter music *always* gets lauded, that was awesome but Roy did much better on the downlow, can't believe the GC theme ranks above WDW's theme in terms of 'respectability', it kicks all weights of arse!

'Roller' if you meant for Goblin, they only did a few studio albums and can't be arsed typing out the cockroach one's name out on a tablet!

Comment

New Goldfrapp album.

Very pleasant but a bit wimpy with almost no variety. Every song sounds pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Car Chase Funk is my bag, baby.

Any other suggestions?
                      Haha I have the UK version of that film plus numerous other Italian police films, you need the holy trinity of Maurizio Merli, Franco Nero and Fabio Testi.

You guys are amateurs at this though. For the best car chase sound tracks you want Beretta 70 Sounds from Italian Police Films (I used to drive round to that in my Alfa) and my fave soundtrack is from the Italian film Blazing Magnum(aka Strangers in an Empty Room and Une Magnum per Tony Siatta) made in Canada with American actors.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        Haha I have the UK version of that film plus numerous other Italian police films
                        ...but have you seen them or are they just sat on your shelves?

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        You guys are amateurs at this though. For the best car chase sound tracks you want Beretta 70
                        Shows what you know! Beretta 70 is the album I was listening to on the way to work and heard the track!
                        I also like "Summertime Killer" by Luis Bacalov and "La Polizia ha le mani legate" by Stelvio Cipriani.

To be fair, I did get that album suggestion from yourself. Along with the Dramatic Funk series were tremendous shouts!

Comment

I'm not like prinny or you, I've seen them all and each one in one sitting
                          Last edited by vanpeebles; 10-09-2013, 11:36.

Comment

Ha, that's a very valid retort!

Have you heard: http://www.allmusic.com/album/roma-v...a-mw0000553913 ?

I got fed up trying to find good chase-funk collections, so I made my own - "Music to Chase Pimps To".

Comment

I've not heard that one but I have another that came with a hardback book that I cant remember the name of. I tend to know the music from the films first.

Blazing Magnum is still my fave though, the whole album is based on the same melody but goes from stomping chase scene, music to fist fight to and then to creep around music complete with sax, spooky synths etc etc. Top film as well, good cast with Stuart Whitman and Martin Landau, John Saxon plus a good female support. Epic car chase, epic action and just all kinds of win.
                              Last edited by vanpeebles; 10-09-2013, 11:49.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X