Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pixies EP - EP1

Poor. No Kim Deal = no deal. Shame.

Comment

Haven't heard it but I haven't been very motivated to even seek out a sample. Which is kind of odd given that I like a lot of Frank Black's solo stuff. Dog In The Sand in particular is excellent. But I guess for me, the Pixies are awesomeness that I think I'd like to stay awesome. I don't want to hear a downward spiral or old not quite there missing Deal Pixies.

Comment

That's the thing. Deal knew they couldn't do it I reckon so wanted to leave the memory of an awesome band.

Comment

Saw DJ Format the other weekend so been having a bit of a hip-hop fest. Been listening to lots of Ugly Duckling:

Last edited by Jamie; 16-09-2013, 18:34.

Comment

Liking that. Not heard it before.

Comment

Thanks for posting those Black Spiders songs. I'm now their fan.

There's a norwegian band called Ulver which I find fascinating. Musically, they're impossible to pin down since they've covered Black Metal, Folk, Ambient Jazz or Electronica, and they somehow manage to pull it off every single time.

I stumbled upon them covering Jefferson Airplane's Today and I loved it. As it turns out, they've released an album called Childhood's End where they cover 1960's Psychedelic Rock bands.

Here's one of my favourite tracks from that album, a cover of We The People's In The Past:

The original version is all sorts of awesome as well:

Comment

New Placebo album - Loud Like Love

Fans of the band are likely to love it (I do). It won't convert any non believers lol

Favourite opening line one one track:

My computer thinks I'm gay
                About to give Ulver a listen. Sounds interesting.

Comment

Guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but where can I find more tracks like this: Depeche Mode No good. Love the B-line and beat, I know its not en vogue anymore so you lot will probably recommend me stuff from that era (1995?) but all good
                  Last edited by charlesr; 01-10-2013, 22:18.

Comment

Not sure its what you are after but i love these tracks by depeche mode...

Precious is an amazing track.
                    Last edited by PaTaito; 26-09-2013, 19:27.

Comment

Yeah, Im more than familiar with DMs discography, I was just after more tracks that I may not have heard of that can rock my headphones like Its No Good.

On a side note, got a friend who's showing me bare New RetroWAve stuff which is a tiny bit like the Drive soundtrack or the Far Cry Blood Dragon sndtrk, just pure retro 80's neon electro **** with a tinge of Carpenter movie soundtrack etc.

Last edited by charlesr; 01-10-2013, 22:17.

Comment

The Piano Collections album to one of my least favourite Final Fantasy games is one of my favourite albums. I got married to the first track on this CD. Here's the last track. It's beautiful...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Czech Philharmonic - Kokyo Kyokushu

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X