Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really enjoying this track, "Mt. Aloha" by Menhir. It samples Jacque Fresco's Global Sustainability speech and has a killer riff!

It reminds me in places of MD Revenge of Shinobi.

Comment

Arctic Monkeys First Album, some QOTSA, Tha Alkaholiks, LootPack and some Funk. Also want to pick up J-zone's new album.

Comment

Listening to Chase & Status, Brand New Machine. Which is a weird title because it feels like a really, really old machine. It's like a classic '90s album for the most part.

Comment

Harper valley pta by Jeannie c. riley.
          Great country song

Comment

Del Tha Funky Homosapien - iller than most.

Not too shabby for a free album. Also downloaded mixtapes from Busta Rhymes/Q-tip, Pusha-T and another chap. Haven't listened to them yet, but they've all got good form. Busta's last mixtape (The Conglomerate) was crap though.

Comment

This morning, I've been listening to the rather powerful Tank album by Asian Dub Foundation:

So much awesome in this album.

Comment

Virgin Steele, now The Marriage of Heaven & Hell part 1. Kinda sad to think that in a couple of albums they won't be fun to listen as the previous ones

Comment

Picked up J-Zone's Peter Pan's Syndrome.. It's ace. J-Zone is a rapper/producer who uses a lot of unknown random crap music and makes it excellent. Does his own drum beats on a drum set and add boats loads of comedy to his raps. Really raw and proud of it.

Here's a quick vid on how he does it.

Last edited by k0pp0; 15-01-2014, 11:02.

Comment

That was wicked. I'll check out some of his own stuff tomorrow.

Comment

This sums up my listening for the past week:-

Chill

Close your eyes and drift away

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dang, been listening to too much Necro stuff, need summat wholesome to take that negativity away:

Last edited by JazzFunk; 02-02-2014, 21:12.

Comment

I've been loving a couple of instrumental bands that blast out the riffs on top of some audio samples.

First up is Menhir, who play some serious riffage to samples of Gandhi, The Great Dictator,George Carlin, Larry Smith and this brilliant speech by Jaque Fresco in "Mt. Aloha":
                              [hide][/hide]

Then there's the bonkers Megachurch, who play on top of clips of televangelists. It's pretty fast-paced, but has a real groove to it and is pretty funny. Receive it! Receive it! Receive it!
                              [hide][/hide]

Comment

The aptly titled Just Like Heaven

Comment

Working...
                                X