Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That first Wolfmother album is superb.
    Picked up the new Bullet For My Valentine album, Venom, yesterday and I've played it three times already. Fair to say they are back on form after the misfire of Temper, Temper.

Vevo is the world's leading music video network. Watch music videos on your favorite apps, streaming services, and devices, including YouTube, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Fire TV, and more.

Comment

Funnily enough, I was listening to the first Wolfmother album last week and felt it wasn't as good as I remembered. "Woman" is a brilliant riff though.

Following the animal theme I listened to Funeral Horse, Hyperwulf and Squidlord!

Glad BFMV are back on form, I really enjoyed Fever.

Comment

The greatest animal in music is the mighty Crabulon!

scuttle left, scuttle right, attack!

Comment

Comment

Listening to Iron Maiden's new album. It's okay. A little boring. Very samey which ordinarily isn't a problem for Maiden but it's more the same than ever. Some very familiar parts and it just keeps on going. And Dickinson's vocals appear to have been recorded on an old cassette player. That or his voice just isn't what it was.

Will give it more listens and maybe time will reveal more.

Comment

What album would you say it resembles most? I had totally forgotten it was out this week so I'm glad to see your post!

I'm currently listening to the Tim "The Ripper" Owens era of Judas Priest. It's very easy to write the two albums off as JP themselves tend to disregard that phase of the band like it never happened but I personally find them to be excellent.

Much more of an industrial, dirty metal sound and the live performances of the classics are done extremely well - especially Rippers vocals on Painkiller, something that Rob Halford struggles with (and for good reason as the vocals are insane).

Comment

Funny you should post Priest. Just as I opened up the thred, Brucey was giving a scream that was just like Halford back in the day.

I think this album really follows on from the last two. You could mix the tracks in with either album and not spot that they had come from another album. Some familiar 'Whoa-oh' bits and same general vibe. At least that's my feeling part way into my second listen. It could take a while to hear the differences.

Comment

FULL LYRICS BELOWHit the knee - ow - heck, they're readyS.O.N.'s SAT, how magenta are you? Daddy, I owe Doc Luke a MercedesBarely up and I'm looking for job...

Comment

This tune will never get old to me...

Comment

Woah that's mental, i am literally listening to the remastered version of Pretty Hate Machine right now and clicked on this thread!

Timeless album.

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
                        Woah that's mental, i am literally listening to the remastered version of Pretty Hate Machine right now and clicked on this thread!

Timeless album.
                        Some tracks have aged better than others, "kinda i want to" as much as i love it, is quite a retro sound now...

Others are timeless.

Comment

Feel like some grunge type music

Comment

I love Dinosaur Pile Up, Eastyy!

Comment

Yeah they are pretty good i like there song my rock and roll as well

Trouble is i am really fussy with music i find with most bands they may have one or two songs i like on a album and the rest do not care about

Comment

Just been listening to the libertines new album

Comment

Working...
                                X