Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^niiiice, never heard that one before!

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Classic.
    Best song EVAR!!!!! Also love the tune the main sample is nicked from, Dynasty's 'Adventures in The Land Of Music', awesomely 70s jazzy souly abstract ish, amazing.

Comment

Comment

I have a new favourite DJ.

Been listening to DJ Formats stuff throughout the day. It's got that proper old skool hip hop vibe. Surprised to read he's english.

Catchy.

Abdominal is a ninja rapper.

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        Best song EVAR!!!!! Also love the tune the main sample is nicked from, Dynasty's 'Adventures in The Land Of Music', awesomely 70s jazzy souly abstract ish, amazing.
        Oh man, did not know that. Cool listening to the original version. Some guy on youtube is rocking that version on bass guitar. ;p

Comment

Good to hear someone else picking up on DJ Format, been a fan for years.

Just realised it's ten years since music for the mature b-boy. Man, where does the time go?

<goes and puts vicious battle raps on>
          Last edited by Colin; 12-03-2013, 18:40.

Comment

Can't believe I'm only just coming across his stuff. I only happened upon it when I kept seeing his name pop up on the better Jurassic 5 tracks. Quality DJ.

Will defo be checking out mature b-boy.

Comment

Love the twisted chanting, and how the bongos mid-track are suddenly transformed into sounding like birdsong, very clever sonic manipulation:

Last edited by Charlie; 12-03-2013, 22:47.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Can't believe I'm only just coming across his stuff. I only happened upon it when I kept seeing his name pop up on the better Jurassic 5 tracks. Quality DJ.

Will defo be checking out mature b-boy.
                  You should be checking out some of Abdominals solo stuff too.....

Comment

I've been listening to 2 Bonaparte Albums recently.

Here is a **** video for one of them, don't bother watching.

and one without a video

Last edited by EvilBoris; 13-03-2013, 21:42.

Comment

Comment

Picked up Music for the Mature B-Boy and If you Can't Join 'Em... Beat 'Em....!!

Looking forward to there arrival. I genuinely haven't been this excited about picking up an album since Hello Nasty.

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        You should be checking out some of Abdominals solo stuff too.....

Sick.

Abdominal has a crazy flow. Defo be checking out more of his stuff.

Comment

Comment

One of the finest goa trance tunes ever created. Very psychedelic and very snarly. The way it winds itself up towards the end before exploding into melody reminds me of a catherine wheel firework doing it's thing.

Comment

Another great album from clutch...20 years of being awsome.

Comment

^^ Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X