Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched a few good things the last few days...

The Way Way Back - second viewing of this in the last year. Its warm, the characters are all great(steve carrell as an arsehole for once), and sam rockwell fans should absolutely watch this...he's superb in it.

Hanna-Bi - If i didn't prefer the more playful mellow tone of kikujiro, this would be my favorite takeshi kitano film. utterly brilliant.

Ghostbusters - when i was a kid growing up i wore out the VHS from the local video store, which my father used to rent for me every single weekend i visited him. He hated it because i used to watch it over and over. Funny then that we both sat down to watch it for the first time together, and he absolutely loved every minute of it. Quite possibly my favorite 80's movie.

Comment

I watched The Raid 2 and The Lego Movie.

I couldn't believe the levels of violence and filth.
      Beheadings, nudity, explosions, guts flying about and adhesive abuse.
      The Lego Movie is pretty full-on!

Comment

I rewatched the Lego Movie at the weekend too. Such a fun movie. I really love it.

Comment

Watched that again yesterday, love it.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!

Comment

I thought it was absolutely awful, really disappointed with it.

Looking forward to seeing The Raid 2, first was every bit as good as it was hyped up to be.

Comment

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and I'm another one who loved it.
              I've not heard a bad word against it, yet, but I imagine such constant word-of-mouth praise will work against it eventually and people will wonder what the fuss was about!

Great fun throughout and plenty of laughs from start to finish. I love how these Marvel films are all starting to slot together.

Comment

I'm keeping away, I know I'll hate it cos I'm a miserable bastard lol

Comment

Anyone interested in that new movie called Lucy? It looks interesting.

Comment

The trailer was on before GotG and I'd totally dismissed it as Luc Besson rehashing his Nikita formula, but the addition of the Limitless-style drug giving her Akira levels of power makes it an interesting premise!

Where's the Besson Critic's Club, Supes?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and I'm another one who loved it.
                      I've not heard a bad word against it, yet, but I imagine such constant word-of-mouth praise will work against it eventually and people will wonder what the fuss was about!

Great fun throughout and plenty of laughs from start to finish. I love how these Marvel films are all starting to slot together.
                      Suitable for a 10 yo QC?

Comment

Hmm... Personally, I don't think so. The Guardians don't do much killing, but everybody else sure do!

There's some swearing too.

Yeah, give it a miss, but I always thought you were older than 10, Finsbury!

Comment

Watched Max Payne. Definitely wasn't as **** as others suggested but I think it annoys as it was a clear missed opportunity; the guy playing max didn't even seem pissed off? and then he turns into a super soldier? wtf.

Also watched the Alan Partridge film. Superb, funny, just felt like classic partridge to me.

'Who's this chap?'

'that's mollie my wife before the angels took her...'

*stares at pic*

'... must have been a few of em'

Can tell Steve Coogan just did it for the paycheck though if you watch the bloopers. Bit sad really as I want to like Coogan as a person too but I just can't - he seems a right nob. :/

Interestingly, I watched "This is the End", which stars your avatar, Kit and was originally called "The End of the World" until Simon Pegg wrote to writer, Seth Rogen, to change it because of the similarity to his film's title.

It stars a load of people where you say "Oh, he's that guy from that thing, y'know, what's his face."

James Franco
                          Jonah Hill
                          Seth Rogen
                          Jay Baruchel
                          Danny McBride
                          Craig Robinson
                          Michael Cera
                          Emma Watson

Jay Baruchel visits Seth Rogen in LA, but reluctantly ends up at a party at James Franco's house.

He pops out to get cigarettes and get some space from the false celebs at the party, only for The Rapture to happen and the end of the world begin.

They race back to the party and hole themselves up to try to survive with only some booze, a Milky Way and a copy of Penthouse in their rations.

I really chuckled at this ridiculous version of reality and the way these hopeless celebs handled the apocalypse.

Worth a watch if you like any of the guys I listed.
                          Close to my favourite comedy that. So many favourite parts I wouldn't know where to start.

Comment

Hmm... Personally, I don't think so. The Guardians don't do much killing, but everybody else sure do!

There's some swearing too.

Yeah, give it a miss, but I always thought you were older than 10, Finsbury!
                            Some killing and swearing bad for a 10year old? I'd seen Robocop, Predator and Goonies by the time I was 8-9 years old!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                              Some killing and swearing bad for a 10year old? I'd seen Robocop, Predator and Goonies by the time I was 8-9 years old!
                              I don't understand why you put the Goonies in with Robocop and Predator? Two 18s and a PG?

I would take my son to see Guardians of the Galaxy it if he was 10.

QC, would you not let yours see it? remember one year older and your son/daughter would be starting secondary school therefore they will be swearing like a trooper at break times!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                                i watched the film the guardian (old horror film by the director of the exorcist) and a nightmare on elm street before i was 10.....put me off horror films for life

Comment

Working...
                                X