Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Reacher - Was pretty entertaining and involving. Far less eventful than the trailer sold it as but still alright

Comment

Just rewatched (again) True Romance, watched it a few months back and sorta hated it, reloved it again, happily.

It's really all about Oldman, Walken/Hopper and Gandolfini, and the ending is piss-weak (bar

Dick Richie getting off scot-free

) but this still stands up twenty years later, it really is a great, solid movie, and Walken's expressiveness during the 'Sicilians' section is epic, I know this sounds sad but the way he turns his head ninety degrees during that sequence just increases the menace SO much...anyway, futching hard to explain but you all know what I mean.

I'm so happy I like it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
        On the subject of film watching...anyone bother with http://letterboxd.com/ ?
        Like a cross between a film diary,facebook and twitter! I have decided to watch at least a film a day this year and getting addicted to another network (like twitter talking almost exclusively to myself) it might help me do that!
        I might try that. You need a beta code to sign up. Got a spare? Puh-lease?

Comment

Watched Dredd

Impressed with urban in this, very impressed.

The film succeeded on the whole while trying not to overdo things. The action was quite decent, my only gripes were the restrictive setting, although i imagine this was by design thanks to the budget constraints.

The second gripe is that i would like to see a more interesting baddy with more of a back story please. Maybe she was a big part of the comics(i wouldn't know), but i found her quite lacking as a main bad guy, same with her utterly forgettable lackies. I usually really like lena heady too.

Other than those small gripes though, i thought it was great.

7.5/10
          Last edited by PaTaito; 03-01-2013, 13:15.

Comment

Donned my french coat and shades and watched The Matrix last night for the first time in ages.

Still very entertaining and it's quite scary to think this film is now 14 years old. Special effects are starting to look a little dated (especially the stuff in the 'real' world like the robot squids) and Keanu Reeves acting is as wooden as ever, but the fight scenes still hold up quite well. Going to watch Reloaded tonight. I remember it getting slaughtered when it first game out but I really enjoyed the fight scenes - the one on the staircase was freakin' ace. We'll see if it holds up as well as the first though.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
              Maybe she was a big part of the comics
              Nope, she seemed to be created for the movie.

Comment

I watched Pan's Labyrinth for the first time last night and thought it was superb. Quite surprised it only received a 15 rating after seeing some of the more graphic scenes! I think tonight I fancy watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon if I get the time.

Comment

First time I saw Crouching Tiger I was blown away, but the second time I saw it I didn't find it half as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Donned my french coat and shades and watched The Matrix last night for the first time in ages.
                    Must have missed that bit

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                      I might try that. You need a beta code to sign up. Got a spare? Puh-lease?
                      Yeah I can invite you...PM over your email and I shall do it!

Comment

Saw Ted earlier in the week. Was very disappointed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                          Yeah I can invite you...PM over your email and I shall do it!
                          And if either of you two have a spare invite you don't mind sharing...

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                            Watched Dredd

Impressed with urban in this, very impressed.

The film succeeded on the whole while trying not to overdo things. The action was quite decent, my only gripes were the restrictive setting, although i imagine this was by design thanks to the budget constraints.

The second gripe is that i would like to see a more interesting baddy with more of a back story please. Maybe she was a big part of the comics(i wouldn't know), but i found her quite lacking as a main bad guy, same with her utterly forgettable lackies. I usually really like lena heady too.

Other than those small gripes though, i thought it was great.

7.5/10
                            The setting actually makes Dredd feel more like a comic book movie.. Which might sound weird. But it basically feels like a continuous story told through a multi issue arc Straight out of a Judge Dredd Comic.

so I'm not actually sure it was entirely down to budget.

Comment

Also watched Dredd last night, liked some of the death scenes, was like The Raid without the endless Kung fu, pretty decent.

Comment

couldn't get to sleep last night so watched the Evil dead 2 on film4

still love it, the humour still makes me laugh as does the whole boomstick/chainsaw combo

still dont understand why is still cut in this day and age (the bloke getting dismembered)

actually looking forward to the remake of the evil dead and reckon i will watch the original in the next couple of days to keep myself current - just hope the remake is decent enough

Comment

Working...
                                X