Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed Yes Man, then started Premature. Surprised to see it on Netflix so fast but I'm not complaining. Only got in the first 20 mins or so before leaving for work, not bad up to there, but I can already see

to break the loop he has to sleep with Gabriella

. Fairly easy to spot that. Like Groundhog Day but with more sex talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      The Interview
      Well, half of it. Despite the fuss it was mostly on the basis of quite enjoying This Is The End however Interview is just outright appalling. Not in terms of controversy, it's just a low effort affair without any humour. Pretty much just a showcase for Franco who seems to mistakingly think he's funny rather than simply being in a comedy with funny people. Mind numbing.
      I thought it was hilarious.

You just hate us cuz you ain't us.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        hate us cuz you ain't us.

I thought it was great, some really funny moments.

Comment

Watched Inception last night. I had never seen it. I really liked it but may have missed something in my understanding of the limbo concept. A really great cast.

Comment

Premature ended as I predicted. Watched knights of badassdom and enjoyed it for the nonsense it was. Have a ton of romcoms in my list on Netflix to watch before I go back to school on Monday now.

Comment

The Raid 2 again. Just .... Unbelievable. Incredible choreography and stuntwork, with brutal violence. So many decent-length cuts, too. The perfect antidote to snap-editing shaki-cut crap. The best MA action film in years.

Comment

Saw Big Hero 6 last weekend. Loved. Every. Minute. 'Nuff said.

Comment

American Sniper

Good film but it moves at a very fast pace, cooper is excellent as the lovable big american dude.

Comment

Does anybody have any suggestions of websites that list the extra features of films and comparisons of the different versions?

I keep wanting to buy stuff but never know what's on them.
                    Dawn of the Dead - the latest version has more extras but no Romero commentary, I think.
                    Assault on Precinct 13 - remastered in 2005 but no Carpenter commentary, I think. US-only Collector's Edition does.
                    Halloween III - Only the US version gets a commentary.

A shot of the back of the box would be really useful, but Amazon winds me up by having two images - one of the front cover and another of the front at a slight angle!

Comment

I used to use this site a lot for that info but haven't used it in a few years so I don't know if it's still good: http://www.dvdcompare.net

Comment

Perfect, thanks Dogg.

I can't understand why the new UK Arrow release of Day of the Dead chucks in a load of extras but drops Romero's commentary.

I could've sworn there was a UK release of Precinct 13 with Carpenter's commentary. I nearly bid on a copy on eBay but there's nothing on it despite being remastered when the remake came out. The Optimum release has the commentary, so I'll look for that instead.

Comment

I used to use this. Looks awful but it's very in-depth:

Has screenshots and stuff like that along with typical comparisons, like cuts.

Comment

used both for years.

dvdbeaver is fantastic.

Comment

The Fourth Kind.

Hands down the most depressing film I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

watched about 3/4 of 'The Family' (deniro) and finger hovered over the stop button several times - is it just me or are films getting worse?

Comment

Working...
                                X