Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
    Apparently on finding out that the CIA were getting a 'Distinguished Intelligence Medal' (or something) for OBL's capture she sent an e-mail to everyone in the CIA saying that none of them deserved it, only her, because she did all the work. So I can believe she has no friends. Apparently, she was also used as the basis for the character Carrie in Homeland.

Looking forward to this film.
    that makes alot of sense but i thought the CIA medals were covert and once they were given in secret they were taken away again

Comment

work is nice and quiet today and watched a couple of movies:

The Paperboy
      True story based on events surrounding a death row in mate, some decent actors in it and it moves along at a decent enough pace, Nicole Kidman looks acers in it and john cusack plays a convincing psycho

Compliance
      now the movie its self is a low budget movie based on real events which happened at a McDonalds fast food restaurant in Kentucky, the movie itself it actually quite good but i didn't believe it was based on real events because of the absolute stupidity of the duty manager and what she allowed to happen to one of her staff but quite glad that some of the

degrading situations including an internal examination were left out and the oral sex element was skipped over and only really in a 5 second distant shot

were left out of the film, at least when the actual girl involved sees it it might not affect her too much considering she is still undergoing medication for PTSD, but so many idiots in one building - just incredible
      Last edited by buster_broon; 06-01-2013, 12:04.

Comment

Finished the Matrix trilogy last night with Revolutions. Pretty dire flick. Doesn't have the great action set pieces of Reloaded and the story and the whole Zion battle felt liked it belonged in a completely different film. Worst part for me was when

the lad who idolizes Neo jumps in the mech to shoot the gate open and whispers to himself: "Neo, I believe..."

awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          Finished the Matrix trilogy last night with Revolutions. Pretty dire flick. Doesn't have the great action set pieces of Reloaded and the story and the whole Zion battle felt liked it belonged in a completely different film. Worst part for me was when

the lad who idolizes Neo jumps in the mech to shoot the gate open and whispers to himself: "Neo, I believe..."

awful.
          They should have left more to the imagination in the matrix...the ending was **** imo, and everything which was seriously played out in the first film, was made utterly cheap and tacky by the third movie's end.

Saying that i loved reloaded despite some ropey effects, i must be one of the few who loved the whole architect part...i thought the whole pretentiousness of it all was fitting, and just the right side of understandable on initial viewings.
          Last edited by PaTaito; 06-01-2013, 16:34.

Comment

killing them softly
            Story set around a robbery at a card game and a bunch of executives hire a hit man to deal with the aftermath set at the time Obama was sworn into office, dialogue was pretty good and the soundtrack is pretty excellent, stars a bunch of older stars like brad Pitt, James gandolfini, ray liotta. Quite violent in places but to me enjoyable enough

It's been a week of movie watching that's for sure

Comment

Stake Land. Road movie set in a apocalyptic wasteland with vampires as the bad guys. It's The Road with vampires.

It works surprisingly well. Low budget and staring nobody I know of but it's well shot and it's really well thought out - the towns, characters and factions the two leads bump into all fit in well with the lore of the movie.

Unfortunately it has a really dumb moment towards the end of the film, which undoes a lot of the good work set before that. It's so out of place it almost feels like the studio needed a particular thing to happen to try and make it appeal to more people.

Surprisingly watchable and a nice find on Netflix (US).

Comment

The Amazing Spiderman - Not bad actually. Helped that Emma Stone was in it.

Cockneys vs. Zombies - Largely crap but some amusing moments. Acting poor across the board, which has to be blamed on the director I guess. Michelle Ryan looking a bit chunky. My favourite line:

"Get off our bus you ****in' mug!"

I also liked the

West Ham vs Millwall fans

scene

Comment

Just Yaaaarred Django Unchained considering it's not out here for another three months and will eventually be edited to around a total running time of 3 minutes.

Awesome so far (1/3 of the way in).

Haters of the 'N' word beware.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    The Amazing Spiderman - Not bad actually. Helped that Emma Stone was in it.

Cockneys vs. Zombies - Largely crap but some amusing moments. Acting poor across the board, which has to be blamed on the director I guess. Michelle Ryan looking a bit chunky. My favourite line:

"Get off our bus you ****in' mug!"

I also liked the

West Ham vs Millwall fans

scene
                    I was impressed that someone managed to persuade Honor Blackman and Richard Briers to partake in a film probably the furthest thing to what they'd be happy to do. The dvd case caught my eye in Asda - are they desperate for work or did they think it would be a laugh or something?

As for me, managed to finally get around to watching Prof Layton and the Eternal Diva the other day to coincide with my 3DS freebie. Rather enjoyable if not slightly less interesting by the concluding parts (might have been my tiredness I suppose). Probably should have played through ALL the games first as there were some clear tie ins to those, such as the villains for example. Captured the charm and spirit of the games well though and it certainly helped keeping the same voice actors. Certain parts had a bit too much emphasis on action and OTT explosions however, rather than puzzle solving though.
                    Last edited by Daragon; 08-01-2013, 13:52.

Comment

The New York Ripper, uncut. First saw this on a blurry, copied VHS back in 1992, found it boring then, and it's deffo still one of Fulci's lesser movies, the pacing is pretty plodding, the gore looks like Play-Dough n' jam, but there's some epically beautiful shots of 1981-era New York (the start of the hip hop era!), the music is sleazy and funky and catchy, and there's some amusing quotes in there, plus it's awesome how the main cop/shrink duo are so amoral, there's a 'fake ripper' on the loose, and he's one major, brutal sexual deviant, yet they're all "this guy might be a *bit* bad but he's not the ripper, he's OK" and the guy is sodding VILE, and practically almost as bad as the ripper himself! Apols for tangents, I found it amusing.

Comment

Daragon, you should watch the Phoenix Wright movie if you haven't seen it yet. Got to be the most accurate video game adaptation ever made.

Comment

Django Unchained

Ace, that is all.

Comment

In Bruges (January Bluray Bargain @ ?5)

Great film, has everything - great performances, brutal violence, pathos, a lot of humor, a great setting and a Dwarf

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Just Yaaaarred Django Unchained considering it's not out here for another three months and will eventually be edited to around a total running time of 3 minutes.

Awesome so far (1/3 of the way in).

Haters of the 'N' word beware.
                              Love how you've tried to justify it

Just watch it

Comment

There isn't much effort in justifying it. I'm not watching something that's had blood, guns, and political incorrectness censored from it.

I might go and see it out of curiosity, just to see how much they take out.

Comment

Working...
                                X