Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    Finally watched Moonrise Kingdom. Another great effort from Mr. Anderson. Can he do no wrong. Captures the impetuousness of young love yet isn't tawdry at all. And has loads of the trademark humor present in his films. Great cast and cinematography as well. Really looking forward to going to see his latest effort now.
    It's a magical film. My favourite working director by a long shot, The Grand Budapest Hotel was beautiful and hilarious you need to see it asap!

Comment

I adored Moonrise Kingdom, a gorgeous film. Just back from The Grand Budapest Hotel and enjoyed it immensely. A huge movie with a massive cast and so very beautiful. Some really funny parts too, especially with Willem Dafoe. Got to admit, I found myself less emotionally invested in this one than others for some reason. Maybe it was the size or the historical thing but it just felt less personal to me. But a great film nonetheless.

Loved the skiing in particular. That was pretty hilarious.

Comment

Went to watch Cuban fury (the girlfriend wanted to watch it ok) and to my shock and amazement it's actually a good funny and at times quite a touching film that's fabulously acted throughout

Comment

Watched the stuff

Haven't seen it since back in the day but terrible special effects, terrible acting and a terrible story make it almost enjoyable

Well as enjoyable can be when the plot line surrounds an evil ice cream coming from the earth

Comment

Saw Under The Skin at the weekend.

Excellent. A very intriguing film.

Comment

watched two movies last night

the blob (1988)
              its alright I guess, special effects are pap for the blob but pretty good for people being devoured, very cheesy 80's horror

47 ronin
              much like man of tai chi there is substance there and it looks beautiful but ultimately not very good at all, I was looking forward to this but feel completely let down - some of the sequences are good though and since its based on a true story they've tried to keep it faithful to Japanese beliefs as they could - very pretty out of 5

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Saw Under The Skin at the weekend.
                My friend asked me if I wanted to see this. He told me the synopsis was Scarlett Johansen driving around Glasgow picking up blokes in the back of a van and then eating them.

I said: "I could ask you about the cinematic vision, hidden metaphors, use of non-diagetic vs. diagetic sound or if the mise-en-scene applies a German Exprssionism, Italian Neorealism or Soviet Montage approach, but all I really want to know is if she pops her chebs out."

Apparently, yes.

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                the blob (1988)
                its alright I guess, special effects are pap for the blob but pretty good for people being devoured, very cheesy 80's horror
                I was about to ask if you'd ever seen The Stuff and then I scrolled up a bit!
                I remember thinking I'd never watch it because the VHS cover was so scary as a kid. When I finally saw it, I laughed to think I believed it would scare anyone!

Comment

Thor: The Dark World

First rewatch and again it was fine but riddled with niggles and flat moments. Decent but probably joint weakest Marvel film with IM2

Comment

I saw The Grand Budapest Hotel last night. Simply brilliant.

Comment

Ch-ch-ch, ah-ah-ah. Watched Friday the 13th The Final Chapter last night. A very strong entry in the series. Crispin Glover was great. Kind of a shame he was totally nuts because he was pretty fascinating on screen. Could have done with having him in more films that people actually saw. And Corey Feldman was really interesting, especially having a kid that young in this type of film.

Jason was awesome in it. Easily the best Jason so far in the series. He was large and powerful but also pretty quick and so less predictable than he became in later movies when he just walked. And it was the first Friday that just felt a little different, even in spite of also containing the usual load of partying teens getting picked off one by one. Very good entry.

Number five up next, A New Beginning. Not sure I've actually ever seen this one.

Comment

Is that the one where he puts a stake through Jason's heart and it gets hit by a lightning bolt and he comes back to life?

Which is the one where only his heart remains and a doctor eats it and is possessed by him?

Both of these stories have happened to us all at one time or another, so it's something for us to relate to...

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                          I would personally return it and get what you paid for

Warched Enders game - didn't get it at all and overall tripe out of 10
                          Been catching up on some film watching and was pleasantly surprised with Enders Game. Also watched Hunger Games girl on fire which was just more of the same rubbish was really hoping it would improve on the first.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Is that the one where he puts a stake through Jason's heart and it gets hit by a lightning bolt and he comes back to life?
                            No, it's not that one. It's the other one.

Which is the one where only his heart remains and a doctor eats it and is possessed by him?
                            I think that's Jason Goes To Hell.

Both of these stories have happened to us all at one time or another, so it's something for us to relate to...
                            Yeah you joke now but you'll be laughing out of the other side of your face when an unstoppable killer comes after you and you won't know how to beat him but I will because I'll have done the research.

Comment

Captain Philips

Quite breathtaking really ... How the hell this didn't come away without any Oscars is beyond me ... And why Hanks didn't get nominated either is beyond me, its probably close to his best performance to date.

Comment

Gravity.

Great concept (I like the fact they've made space scary again in this), visuals were impressive I just think the casting was poor.

'hi I'm George Clooney and I play myself in every movie'

We were actually taking the piss watching that his entire crew had just been killed and he was trying to chat that bird up.

Really? that's what you'd be doing in that sort of situation?

They should have cast unknowns imo and it would have had a more powerful impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X