Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
    I think that's partly because of the 'acting' abilities of Hayden C, it just doesn't work on screen ... That was the problem with the prequels, bad casting in some places.
    Possibly... But seriously the dialogue is terrible. The scenes redundant and void of meaning. No amount of acting can save the relationship dynamic created for Padm? and Anakin. Hayden Christensen is not that bad. He might sound weird but he has good acting abilities.

Comment

Captain Philips.
      As most have already said- amazing!
      Was gripping stuff, best thing I've seen in an age.

Comment

I did the dirty and went to Transcendence, had some good ideas and decent performances but is devoid of genuine drama, lays waste the potential and misses the mark by some way. Not as awful.as.some reviews would have you think.

Comment

I saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 last night and really enjoyed it. There was plenty going on, but it didn't feel too crowded like Spider-Man 3.

Peter Parker (Andy Murray) is enjoying being Spider-Man and dating Gwen Stacey (Emma Boner), but is haunted by the vision of her father (Bill Hicks) who warned him to stay away from her as being Spidey will draw danger, so they break up as he doesn't want to get her harmed and gets more involved with crime fighting.

Harry Osborne (Leonado DiCaprio) returns from boarding school to meet his father, Norman (Willem Dafoe), who is dying from a condition that he reveals is genetic, so after Norman dies, he sets about finding the cure, which he believes is in Spider-Man's blood.

Peter is unsure about the disappearance of his parents and seeks to find the truth and if they had good reason to abandon him as a child.

Humble Oscorp worker, Max Dillon (Ray Charles), is obsessed with Spider-Man after he saves his life, but accidentally gets turned into Electro when he breaks multiple health & safety rules.

Will Gwen and Peter ever be happy together? Will Harry escape the ghost of his father? Will Electro harness his powers or go on the rampage? Who is the sinister figure gathering criminals together? Dum dum duuuuuum?
          I saw this in Birmingham at the Odeon iSense, which is their alternative to Cineworld's IMAX screens. It really is a massive screen and the sound was amazing!

I have to say I was blown away by the 3D throughout. Personally, I think this is the best 3D since Avatar, because unlike all the standard Marvel films merely being updated to 3D, the director clearly thought about how he could use the format to its best advantage. Gravity, Dredd and Resident Evil: Afterlife were all good but relied a bit too much throwing stuff at the camera.

Here, director Marc Webb (great name for a Spider-Director!) has thought out how the majority of shots will work in 3D. Instead of Dane DeHaan just sat at a desk browsing a computer, the desk is the computer and the camera looks up through it as he browses videos of his father's research. A meal in Chinatown with Gwen's family uses the colours of the Chinese flags and banners and shoots conversations through glass doors in the foreground. Emma Stone's monitor is translucent, allowing us to see her reactions and what she's looking at. Several deep-focus shots gives a real sense of depth perception, especially from on high. Spidey following the Electro's translucent trails was entrancing. Plus, of course, the shots of Spidey swinging through NYC that slow down as he uses his Spider-Sense to react are the best I've seen in a Spider-Man film yet.

It's not a ground-breaking film and at a time when we're starting to get overwhelmed with superhero films out at the moment, let alone the prospect of Marvel and DC's plans for the next decade, it's easy to decide to give it a miss, but I think it's a fun film with some great leads and you could do worse than spend your Bank Holiday seeing this in 3D.

No amount of Sony product placements could detract from the thrill of seeing a giant smiling Emma Stone in 3D.

Comment

Watched Gravity last night, very good entertaining 90 minutes for sure.

Also got half way through jOBS but had to go to bed, Kutcher isn't bad in it, but as the reviews said it seems more about Apple than Jobs himself.

Comment

47 Ronin, what a load of ****.

Comment

Judge Dredd
                The Stallone version to fuel the missus curiosity

Pompeii
                Low budget but taking into account it's from the same guy as the Resi series, not too bad for simple mind off action

Comment

Dallas buyers club, good performances but I turned it off before it finished. It was pretty boring tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                    47 Ronin, what a load of ****.
                    I actually contemplated going to see that on Boxing Day. The reviews soon made me reconsider.

Comment

The Green Mile
                      Probably my fifth viewing and the missus first. God it's good.

Comment

Watched Man of Steel with me Mam last night, she find it a little boring during the action (can you believe it?) but otherwise found the story and everything else to be well done. Was worth seeing again after last Summer.

Also saw Transcendence on release night. Already been mentioned but good concept, moral questions asked over the main choices in the film but failed in the delivery. Maybe Wally Pfister's next film might be his breakthrough with this one showing the growing pains with odd pacing and lack of focus.

Comment

Predator - in THREE DEE!

Firstly the film is still fabulous. The Blu-Ray picture is excellent in a lot of places, not so great in others. The 3D ranges from looking pretty good to pretty damn poor.

The thing that stood out most though was the early shot of the Predator in cloaked form tip-toeing through the jungle like a fairy! It looked weird!

Comment

The one thing that really struck me was how CIA agent's face is unnaturally smooth...I couldn't think about anything else the whole movie...

Rewatched The Man From Nowhere and realised I'd not seen the ending, just up to the bit in the parking lot a few minutes from the end. Still a great watch. Koreans can make decent movies, why can't the Japanese?

About to watch Dusk 'til Dawn while playing Mario 3D World.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              Koreans can make decent movies, why can't the Japanese?

You are obviously kidding...

Comment

I'd love to know a non-Godzilla movie to watch in Japanese if you have suggestions.
                                Pron aside of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X