The Raid 2: Berandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Raid 2: Berandal

Some stunning concept art from Bong Joon-ho’s English language debut Snowpiercer. Photos from Star Trek Into Darkness, Dead Man Down, Freeloaders, 7E, Warm Bodies, and The Grandmaster. Posters for John Dies at the End, The Last Exorcism Part II, Running from Crazy, The Last Stand, and what could be the first character poster for Sin […]

The sequel to The Raid is moving full ahead with cast now being locked in. The start of this film will take place just 2 hours after the events of the first film.

Re: The Raid 2: Berandal

A lot more info here:

Comment

While I really enjoyed the first one, I hope the second has greater variety in the fighting. By the end of the film I kind of had a feeling i'd sat and watched a videogame as it all seemed a bit "Press A, A, C, B, B, D" type thing. If you see what I mean?

Comment

It needs some 70s old skool shapes, and 7 Grandmasters-esque weapons work!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          It needs some 70s old skool shapes, and 7 Grandmasters-esque weapons work!
          Oi Prinny, read your blog the other day.. it's great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
            While I really enjoyed the first one, I hope the second has greater variety in the fighting. By the end of the film I kind of had a feeling i'd sat and watched a videogame as it all seemed a bit "Press A, A, C, B, B, D" type thing. If you see what I mean?
            I totally agree with this. The fights were just too long even though they were nicely choreographed, it started to feel a bit ridiculous at some point. You can only watch a guy get kicked in the face so many times until it starts to lose it's meaning.

Also hope they have a bit more money and work put on the CGI for the gun shooting and special effects.
            Last edited by Guts; 04-01-2013, 14:16.

Comment

Cheers k0pp0. I haven't updated it for yonks due to various personal life crises, but I should be doing something with it over the next few months. I need to rescue my pc for a damn start.

Comment

Re: The Raid 2: Berandal

Although you could argue that The Raid is a martial arts film, even I agree that the fighting was a bit much by the end.

I think the main issue is the need to resolve Mad Dog's story line. If it'd been tied up in two seconds with him being shot, it would've been an anti-climax, however, coming at the end of 90 minutes of action, the final fight felt far too long and he seemed a little too indestructible.

I still love the film and it's easily my fave of 2012 though, and the above point is my only criticism.

In response to some of the other posts, the budget will be about $3 million to The Raid's $1 million.

There will be various Silat styles in Berandal, not just Penkat. One female character will use a style that uses hammers to bash and claw opponents.

Oh, and I really need to get watching some more kung fu flicks and update the Chivalrous Inn too!

Comment

Sweet as! Really enjoyed the first film. I get the whole fighting scenes were too much by the end of the film thing going on, but come on, it WAS a martial arts film! I mean... honestly dudes, what do you expect?!

Comment

Early pics from The Raid 2: Berandal

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                      i felt the same too; but thought it was average at best

Comment

A new image from the upcoming sequel

Comment

Gareth Evans turned up to the premiere of V/H/S 2 because he directed one of the segments, but he brought with him a 10-minute preview of Berandal!

It's a fight on a train featuring a new character called "Hammer Girl" because of her choice of weapons.

Early reports are that it was immense, with the usual amount of invention and excitement...

Comment

My mates are at Frightfest while I am stuck at home...tore the roof off the screening apparently! But then VHS2 went down great too and I know that to be unwatchable crap!

Comment

Hmmm, I personally really enjoyed the VHS films. I thought they we're very inventive and extremely disturbing to watch. IMO of course. In any case, looking forward to The Raid 2. Any word on release date for the UK yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X