The Purge 2: Anarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Purge 2: Anarchy

The California Film Commission have selected the winners of its $100 million allocation lottery which allows various TV and film productions to receive tax credits. Fourteen films and seventeen TV productions have been conditionally approved to receive credits. The biggest surprise on the list is the previously unannounced “The Purge 2,” a sequel to Blumhouse […]

Thanks to a tax credit boost a sequel to the new release is already on the cards. Nothing plot wise is in stone yet though, its cheap to make so wouldn't expect a long turnaround.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 13-02-2014, 05:54.

More pleased to see the Entourage movie on that list, been waiting an age for that to be made.

Comment

James DeMonaco is returning to both write and direct the sequel to this Summer’s low-budget sci-fi thriller sleeper hit “The Purge” at Universal, Blumhouse Productions and Platinum Dunes. “The Purge” is built on a high concept – that for one half-day a year, all crime within the United States is legal including murder, rape, and […]

Director and writer returns, looks like a release next year

Comment

Was the first good?

Comment

I quite liked the first, was a typical siege type film with an interesting premise about a crooked world.

Comment

Some here absolutely love it, I enjoyed it but one watch was enough. Hopefully this isn't just more of the same and has it's own angle as otherwise it risks becoming just a fight compilation

Comment

I shall have to check it out.

Comment

I'd really like to see this, still. Is the Blu-Ray worth the extra price?

I was thinking about a sequel to this. The original has a Carpenter's Precinct 13 vibe to it, but the sequel would be good if one character has to get across the city, with a Escape from New York or The Warriors vibe.

(Copyright QC incorporated)

Comment

Can't imagine blu ray adds much due to the budget nature of the film. The concept has a lot of mileage, the concern though is the budget is so small they end up retreading

Comment

First trailer is out. There's room for this to explore another side of the purge but the trailer makes it look more generic horroresque, coupled with the more budget cast...

Comment

Working...
                    X