No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Piece is the only show in town keep jump going.

Akame ga Kill ep19 - Fantastic animated fight between Justice and Mine undermined by the massive amount of changes to the story, definitely heading for an anime only ending after cutting out a years worth of the manga, skipping esdeath/Suzo fight, esdeath tearing everyone a new one, the church leaders actual death, probably all the Tats/Mine relationship building, all the wild hunt, all the wild hunt vs jagers, the wild hunt fights, and skipping right to 1 chapter before the current manga chapter that's one... ****ing terrible.

Comment

Feels weird for Naruto to be finally over i stopped watching after the pain arc but i watched the fight edits on youtube where they cut out all the filler and you get over an hour of amazing fighting for each of the big battles. Will watch everything properly at some point although the filler is brutal to watch, glad onepiece is still going i rate that a lot higher than Naruto even the filler episodes that onepiece have are fun to watch it really feels like been pulled along on an adventure you never know what's going to happen next. I did get all excited when a certain person reappeared in the collosseum i'm looking forward to Luffy catching up with him.

Currently on season 2 of log horizon, man what a show each episode pulls me in deeper & deeper everything just clicks with me the story & characters are just great Also enjoing the last half of season 2 of mushishi. Discovered hamatora has a second season so im in the process of getting those along with all of space dandy as i have heard it's meant to be good.

I'm still suprised at the quality of youkai watch the absurd jokes in it always get me even if at times it's blatently a promotional for the games/toys but seeing as im really into everything i don't care that they shamelessly plug stuff as i probably have bought most of the merchandise already lol.
      Last edited by importaku; 10-11-2014, 11:25.

Comment

How does Log Horizon compare to SAO? It looks kind of interesting but sounds really similar to SAO in premise.

Comment

Log Horizon isn't stupid shonen rubbish. Pacing is very good so far, could be in for a long haul.

Comment

Yeah there doesn't seem to be any filler it just gets on with things, love how they explain everything so it all makes sense i'm not exactly a MMO expert so it's nice to have some stuff explained to me, curious how many seasons this will be in the end and weither they will actually find a way of getting home.

Comment

Nothing wrong with stupid shonen rubbish . Well when I'm taking a break from my usual diet of BL, anyway (that's a joke).

Sounds good chaps. Will give it a watch.

Comment

I'd like to believe you're not joking.

Comment

I've got some cracking doujin about Hideo Kojima and Solid Snake going on a date I can send you.

Comment

That sounds amazing!

Comment

LH has about 10 light novels and s2 seems to be picking what it needs out of book 6-9, and they've not even touched on the NA and EU servers yet, let alone the other goings on in JP server.. and we've yet to meet half the cast shown in the OP including Debauchery Tea parties Leader(on her alt character) and her totally power broken ragtag group including one of the best ideas for an online character ever, I think she'll be as close to Shounen main hero as we'll get.

The change in animation studios to Deen form s1 to s2 has definitely lead to a lot "quality" but Deen are the masters of saving budgets for the action scenes and tend to do good "seriously pissed off now" faces.

Comment

Anyone watched ansatsu kyou****su? I know it only exists as a manga and a OVA but just watched the OVA and liked it a lot i'm hoping someone picks up fansubbing the proper anime when it comes out next year.

Comment

That sounds interesting importaku, I'll check it out in Jan when the anime arrives.

At the moment I'm watching Denki Gai (silly little slice of life about people working in an Akiba manga shop) and Sailor Moon Crystal mostly. I'm also catching up on Kill la Kill, which I've not watched before.

I really enjoyed No Game No Life back in the summer. The level of ecchi in some episodes made it quite awkward to watch on the bus though.... :x

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            At the moment I'm watching Denki Gai (silly little slice of life about people working in an Akiba manga shop) and Sailor Moon Crystal mostly. I'm also catching up on Kill la Kill, which I've not watched before.
                            Denki Gai is sooo stupid. I keep watching it though...

Comment

I know it's ridiculous. But same here...

Comment

Denki-gai every enjoyable and helps a lot the cast mingle well with each other along with constant teases relationships might actually happen (but don't), like Blondie staying over at Directors flat and Glasses guy with sensi.

at half way now for the season and my must watches are Log Horizon 2, Shirobako(SoL anime production company thing), Parasyte(brilliant), Psycho Pass 2 and Shingeki no Bahamut (which has continued to be excellent with the amount of money the game company must be throwing at the budget really helps with Ronald Mcdonalds roguish adventures in fantasy land.)

rest of new stuff i'm still watching when i can is Amagi Brilliant Park (which is improving every episode), Fate/Stay UBW, Madan no Ou to Vanadis (decent enough strategy war show), Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (surprisingly good and manages to push those emotional strings with decent characters and incredible art/animation), both gundam shows (though Greco is ****), SAO2 (without the threat to life SAO pretty dull in the 2nd half), and Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru (which interests me as I have this horrible feeling its going to go all Madoka and start killing magic girls off and the place they're protecting seems so cut off from the rest of world it might just be some sort of Saikano deal.)

Comment

Working...
                                X