No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear lord Hero Bank just keeps getting more & more silly, LOVE IT. Seems to follow the story of the 2nd game and my spot the merchandise sensor is going off as i know that bank register & a ton of barcode reader style cards will be released it's just begging for it lol. I like the premise for the story it's comedy packed and an interesting take on the generic shonen battle show.

It's toilet humour overload, a choice scene where subordinate gets punished for screwing up by a brutal enema, this would never pass over here for a kids show

I'll just leave these here

Comment

Ah man, log horizon just keeps getting better and better. I have never seen an anime where they are constantly having flashy fights all the time and using magic. Most other anime usually makes you sit through tons of filler before you get to see anything fun, this one just gives it out in droves plus the story gets more & more interesting, probably my favourite new anime of the year.

Comment

I'd suggest watching Mai Hime but Tobal will probably knock that one on the head.

I'm loving Amagi Brilliant Park this season. KyoAni recovering some ground here

Comment

Will look them up i'm always needing recommendations as i never find the good stuff on my own half the time.

Comment

Doesn't help you're watching a ton of shows aimed at kids. On the filler front at least!

Comment

I only watch 4 that are classed as kids shows

Youkai watch
              Hero Bank
              Doraemon
              Onepiece

Only onepiece has filler the others don't as they are not a continuation of last weeks story they are just separate episodes. I gave up on Naruto a long time as it was more filler than story.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I'd suggest watching Mai Hime but Tobal will probably knock that one on the head.

I'm loving Amagi Brilliant Park this season. KyoAni recovering some ground here
                I'm a fan of both Mai shows(more Hime than Otome), if the 1st thread was still around both would be buried in the 600 odd pages lol. Better going with the 1st show Mai-Hime, comes with 2 strong leads and some proper do or die fights (using jojo esk monster stands) towards the end after getting you emotionally involved in the 1st half's typical school/romance comedy build up, I still remember that pure utter burning hatred Mai had at the end (and the underwear thief ep )

Mai-Otome takes the well loved characters from Hime (along with 2 new leads) and puts them in a training school for super sentai fighters, later builds in to political country vs country stuff with racial and nationality ties getting in the way of "understanding" and friendship earned back in the school. I think my fav part of that show was the prequel OVA showing where everything tied in and Anty's mum kicking absolute ass of the all the mainstays.

I'll agree Amagi Park vastly improved on the first couple of episodes, probably due to more Sento and the 3 main mascots in action. The hiring episode and last weeks covering at school are pretty good.

If you can get over the unique art style, and occasional prevy comedy.. Airmaster is a great show(imo) about a tall ginger gymnast turning to street fighting for a thrill and occasionally focusing on other street fighters fights (and the OP/ED songs are great).

Comment

Otome can suck eggs for all I care, HiME is my jam.

Comment

I'm loving Parasyte at the moment. The body horror vibe is very cool, although the dubstep during fight sequences does make me think this is probably aimed at 16 year old Japanese emo kids.

Also watching Sailor Moon Crystal (aware that's not this season obv). Tuxedo kameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!
                    Last edited by wakka; 27-11-2014, 08:37.

Comment

is there a japanese title for airmaster?

Comment

have just started watching Sword Art Online it's go so far, still need to finish Captain Earth

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                          is there a japanese title for airmaster?
                          Should be "Air Master" looking at the various online wiki's and covers on my imported jp volumes. I should check if any company ever got around to releasing the manga in the west as the ending in the anime is very different.

Comment

Akame Ga Kill finished this week, now that is my kind of anime right there... Cracking on with Shingeki no Bahamut now, the opening theme is quality

Not been able to get Air Master, from what i've gathered its right up my allley too
                            Last edited by chojin; 19-12-2014, 04:42.

Comment

Akame ga Kill ending... wasn't sure what to expect after Tatsumi capture story split with an anime getting an original ending (manga still going and very different),

with them having built up him and Mine just like in the manga and barely anything with Akame, and leaving just Akame around for his death just didn't have the impact I was expecting and Lelonie death was just to stupid for her character.. if you survived that along when why not seek out a doctor!!! at least the Akame vs Esdeath fight was brill, loved Esdeath flinging her blood into Akame eyes from her severed arm.

You should enjoy Bahamut it been consistently good and well animated every episode which is super rare for a fantasy show to get this kind of cash thrown at it, Ronald McDonald and the Necromancer add a lot of charm to it, probably 2 more eps to go as well .

Ended up dropping Garo, the characters outside the playboy father figure bored me to death and so did the story and art, ended up catching up on Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru after hearing it goes Madoka style sadistic... and **** is that some cruelty they place on the heroes with

one of them cracking and going against the system to **** them all up, great stuff.

Comment

Started watching Kill la Kill on Netflix - first anime I've watch for AGES, I love it!! Absolutely mental stuff it's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X