No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've picked a decent show to start back up with then, not quite trigger at there best which is TTGL.

can anyone explain Kantai Collection to me, I just don't get are the girls super massive or the equipment slapped on them super small? the SOL parts look normal, but the battles at sea make them look like giants? Other than it is just another sky witches show.

Comment

It's old news, but I watched Attack on Titan over the last few days.. It's alright, possibly the most horrible baddies ever though. Freaky.

Comment

Looking forward to the 2nd season of Attack on Titan but it going to be 2016 show, and there still quite a few surprises to come for none manga readers.

Autumn season finished, I'll kept to the shows worth watching from it.

Amagi Brilliant Park - 13eps long, smartass former child actor does real-life theme park with performers and staff from magic lands(which the public don't know about). Takes 4/5 eps to get going, so its a slower burner even for a 1 cour show, but the likes of the 3 main mascots and Sento make the show, a decent kyoani show so expect the usual high quality art/animation.

Akame ga Kill - 24eps long - typical seinen show like Attack on Titan, so expect a lot of the maincast to die which seems hell bent on doing right up to the final episode, assassins with quirky weapons which give them an edge fight, rebel against corrupt king/government in what usually result in a deathmatch. Tells a different story for the last 1/4 as the manga which isn't finished yet so there are surprises in stall.

Denki-gai no Honya-san 12eps long - pervy/romance comedy, so it relies on the cast interactions with each other which it gets right and offers just enough development over the 12eps where you feel the characters have grown, something pretty rare for this type of show where there's never a payoff. Lots of anime/manga cameos due to them all working in a manga store, art is moeblob and the animation stays above average through out.

Gundam Reconguista in G - 13eps ongoing - wasn't going to put this in but it has improved since they got to space, and while I can follow the plot which alot can be missed to the subtlest of hints as to why things are happening, I still have hang ups over the original motivations for the teen crew, most of which seemed at odds with the military units around them letting them act like idiots and prisoners having free reign of the ship. The art is good, there is a ton of attention to detail and the fights have all be well animated, so im hoping it continues to improve. Aside from that its Gundam, so Big Robots shooting at other Robots, for reasons and understandings.

High School Sega Girls - 13ep x5mins long- megadrive, Saturn and Dreamcast has moe-afications go to school to learn about Sega, que a lot of great fan service, of which some can be hit and miss and something it can look real poor (like the 3d sonic crap). Art based on sega games is well recreated, outside of this it pretty cheap CGI but the sound effects through out the show are fantastic. The last ep went places I would never have expected and I got little emotional... specially once you twig and you know how it'll ends

Log Horizon s2 - 14eps on going - mmorpg becomes real for its players, continuation of season1(25eps) which was more world building and setting how things now work for them, definitely worth catching up with if you like Sword Arts or play MMO's. This season been about introducing raiding, travellers(server hopers) and what I think will be the next 10 odd episodes, lowbies of guild off adventuring. btw ep14 was great, introduced a character that was usually on everyones lips and her game breaking party, everyones need dual shield wielding healer tank and a ninja turtle!

Parasyte 14eps ongoing - really good thriller, main guy battles body-snatchers but the price is continuing to lose his humanity and friends as his battle in the shadows carries on.

Psycho Pass s2 11eps long - cyberpunk detective thriller, new story but featuring harden Akane from her experiences in season1. Story isn't as good as season one (but still above most other shows) as the reasons and how it all came to be (when you find out) it alittle unbelievable even for the world of PP and you do have wonder that everything could probably have been solved if the police where allowed to carry real firearms. Still I like at the end of the show they hint that

the sibyl system involved not just the core mind but the dominator users perception to make a judgment

. Looking forward to the film.

Shingeki no Bahamut - 12eps long - was expecting so little from this show it didn't appear one many peoples radar, but it turned out to be fantasy adventure great. Fun and likeable characters, scale and epic'ness going hand in hand with a **** ton of cash thrown at the animation and art budget make it look like your watching film. Good ending to.

Shirobako - 14eps on going - SoL anime studio, really, really interesting seeing how it all works behind the scenes and these people work themselves into the ground to make anime, has a plot lurking in the background around a group of high friends wanting to make an anime together in the industry which is slowly coming together (I don't we'll ever see them make it, make just some flash forward to the future once they make into the same company(or form their own). A must watch.

Sword Arts Online s2 -24eps long - more MMO-lite action, there little tension until the 1st cour finale but its peppered with some short but well made gun fights (there playing 1st person shooter mmo this time), 2nd cour takes the show back to ALO with the fairies and centres around the strongest sword user (which isn't kirito for once) who befriends Asuna for an last impossible mission, pretty sad ending.

Yama no Susume s2 - 24ep x10min long- SoL mountain climbing show, 4 teen girls go hiking, scrambling and climbing up various real mountains around japan, good interactions between the cast, attention to detail in the technics and gear knowhow, and nice story of dreams, failures and never giving up(in some cases). Fantastic art and animation (as its funded by Japanese tax yen at work to get neets and kids out and about, so studios like trigger(kill la kill) worked on a few episodes). Worth watching this and the previous season, top show.

Fate/Stay Night UBW part1 - 12eps long - more to come middle of the year, its alternate story to the original timeline. Usual UFO super quality and the fate/stay fights and stories are always pretty good so this ones no exception. The story centres on Rin being the main character and Shiro learning to be badass in the only way his crazy lust for justice make his feats against servants so much fun when he rages out.

Gundam BF try - only watch if your fan of the gundam universe, fights are pretty simple but feature a ton of fanservice and hotbloodness not usually associated with gundam main characters.

Comment

Now watching high school of the dead. Man.. why all the books and upskirt shots? I think it could stand on its own without it and I'm enjoying the first few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
            Now watching high school of the dead. Man.. why all the books and upskirt shots? I think it could stand on its own without it and I'm enjoying the first few episodes.
            I actually really enjoyed HotD it was pretty fun, not sure if anything more was ever done for the 2nd season but I'd like to see them carry it on.

Been starting to watch some Anime round my brothers on our gaming night as we've gone stale on good stuff to play.

Started Black Butler & it better get interesting soon as the first few episodes so far have been poo
            We tried Vampire Night too but that was shockingly bad

While I'm here I might as well ask I love the old occult style anime from the late 80's early 90's like Doomed Megalopolis, Judge, 3x3 Eyes etc. has there been anything similar recently or am I just going to have to re-watch these again?

Ta

Neil

Comment

You should really try doing some research into the shows you are watching before you do the watching.

Vampire Knight is for teenage girls. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Started Black Butler & it better get interesting soon as the first few episodes so far have been poo
                We tried Vampire Night too but that was shockingly bad

While I'm here I might as well ask I love the old occult style anime from the late 80's early 90's like Doomed Megalopolis, Judge, 3x3 Eyes etc. has there been anything similar recently or am I just going to have to re-watch these again?

Ta

Neil
                vampire knight I think I remember being some kind of shoujo(girl) pandering show, and judge... wow not heard that name in forever.. I though it was pretty bad back then but not in a good way like MD giest, closest to it in modern times would be Death Note. As for your interests I'd stick young adult stuff(seinen) like from last couple of years (that should be easy to find) mainly as the occult stuff tends kids ghost stories nowerdays, there are rare shows like Another, Kyoukai no Kanata, Ga-rei series (mainly just Zero), Natsume Yuujinchou series (slow paced but excellent show, no gore though), Zetsuen no Tempest are the only show of the top off the top of head. edit** some show I really liked which feature 3 kids having out body experiences, and getting mixed up with the occult, had some fantastic sound effect with all static tension noise called Ghost hound.

You try other stuff like Psycho Pass, Attack on Titan, Fate/Stay universe, Code Geass, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Knights of Sidonia, Log Horizon, Steins gate, Parasyte (still airing)

As for Black Bulter, no opinion, dropped it after 4 boring episodes.
                Last edited by Tobal; 14-01-2015, 18:16.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  You should really try doing some research into the shows you are watching before you do the watching.

Vampire Knight is for teenage girls. lol
                  You see that's the joy of Netflix I can try **** just for the sake of it on spec...don't like it don't carry on to the next it's wonderous

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                  vampire knight I think I remember being some kind of shoujo(girl) pandering show, and judge... wow not heard that name in forever.. I though it was pretty bad back then but not in a good way like MD giest, closest to it in modern times would be Death Note. As for your interests I'd stick young adult stuff(seinen) like from last couple of years (that should be easy to find) mainly as the occult stuff tends kids ghost stories nowerdays, there are rare shows like Another, Kyoukai no Kanata, Ga-rei series (mainly just Zero), Natsume Yuujinchou series (slow paced but excellent show, no gore though), Zetsuen no Tempest are the only show of the top off the top of head. edit** some show I really liked which feature 3 kids having out body experiences, and getting mixed up with the occult, had some fantastic sound effect with all static tension noise called Ghost hound.

You try other stuff like Psycho Pass, Attack on Titan, Fate/Stay universe, Code Geass, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Knights of Sidonia, Log Horizon, Steins gate, Parasyte (still airing)

As for Black Bulter, no opinion, dropped it after 4 boring episodes.
                  Lol yeah it was shockingly bad.
                  Black Butler as you said was dire I think I did make about 3 episodes (the 2nd was passable as it had some violence & stuff)

Judge has been a fave of mine for a long time.
                  Shame all the occult stuff has been so dumbed down now it was some of th bits that got me hooked on the Manga VHS back in the day.

Thanks for the info on the other stuff.
                  I got Attack on Titan for Christmas so will do that & I've got Kill La Kill on my to buy list.
                  Gurren Lagann, Steins Gate & Psycho Pass are all on Netflix so will get them on my brothers to watch list too.

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

Ugh, so many great shows in that post.

Comment

saw first episode of Assassination Classroom ( Ansatsu Kyō****su) was really funny i thought and the premise is mad

Comment

Whaaaa the series has already started??

Off to nyaatorrents i go.

Finally got to see Doraemon stand by me, seeing Nobita's world rendered in HD CGI was amazing it made the transition to 3D really well, a combination of 3 stories i already knew but seeing them rendered in 3D made them totally new again. No matter how many tv episodes i see i never tire of it, always inventive, always heartwarming.

I honestly think i'll never love another series as much as i do Doraemon.
                        Last edited by importaku; 17-01-2015, 01:35.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Whaaaa the series has already started??

Off to nyaatorrents i go.
                          second episode is now out .Pretty close to the manga

Comment

Managed to find them, pretty funny so far. Especially when he is goading them into trying to kill him. That bit where they have him tied up to a tree one for the favourites folder i think. Wonder how many episodes there will be?

Comment

i think it is 22 episodes for the first season

Comment

Voice actor Chikao ?htsuka passed away yesterday.

So many roles over the years (list here)

Father of Akio ?htsuka who is a very well known voice actor also.

Comment

Working...
                                X