No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I highly suggest going back to Bleach if all you've seen is the first arc. The filler bount arc after is **** frankly. Afterwards, the whole Aizen overarching story kicks off and you've got equals to the captains powers, and all the proper villains emerge, and you get everyone getting stronger with more Bankais, and epic fights- I love it!!

Comment

I've got World Trigger waiting in the wings, i'm up to date with Shokugeki No Soma now, off work until monday so as good a time as any to get stuck into another series.

Comment

Finished off Cross Ange and Katanagatari this weekend. Both of which I enjoyed hugely.

Going to continue watching the 4 or so shows I'm watching from this current season and polish off shows that I have half watched from years back. Got a good groove going currently so should be good, especially as one of those shows is Kill la Kill which I was enjoying quite a bit actually.

Comment

Katanagatari, such a good show and so, so many great moments and often makes you feel bad for the "badguys",

certainly for the 3 bug ninjas getting well and truly whooped by that monster of sister and the penguin guy getting a mouth full of bullets. The sister angle was nice touch and they really made her an object of hate and the "best fight" glossed over with a only a preview.. and the main girls death easily one of the more shocking moments in anime, which gets topped off with a brutal fight at the end with the gun ninja.

fantastic.

Shows i'm enjoying the most atm from this season which aren't sequels (Yahari s2, Baby Steps s2, Nanoha s4, KoS s2) are:

Shokugeki no Soma - seems fav of most people this season, cooking and perving

Ore Monogatari - it nice to get a show where its not about the main couple slowly(not) getting together and with a million misunderstandings, thankfully its sorted out in a couple of episodes which makes this a breath of fresh air, also helps the MC is great and often had me laughing hard with his antics (the cling film scene had me in tears).

Kekkai Sensen - really great setting with demons mixing it up in new york, gives of that Cowboy Bebop vibe of enjoyable episodic stories exploring the characters and city but through the eyes of MC who is mostly a passenger for the other nutters to act. I really do like it on the few occasions they've tackle "Old Blood", they really get over how terrified they are to be fighting these vampires. worth watching.

Seraph of the End - i kept with it as when the fights happened it was always well animated, plus the high school crap only last a couple of episodes before the MC gets out into the ruined world. Interestingly they seem to be pushing the teamwork angle of the fights as the noble vampires (yep, another vampire show) seems such a step beyond what even MC can do he's already gone back on his solo ideas after getting shown up badly.

DanMachi - gives of the same kind of feel SAO and Log Horizon does of a mmorpg world, but its all real for the adventurers (no computers involved a just fantasy setting) climbing a dungeon tower. The harem aspects are the norm as always but the draw is the gritty and grindy fights the MC goes through (as the eternal underdog) and the last fight in ep8 was proper hardcore, the mob and MC battered each other.. and the lack super kill moves (so far) makes the adventurers use strategy to fight strong foes.

Comment

Another thing that sort of surprised me with Katanagatari is the consistent quality of the animation. Can't recommend it enough!

So my friend is a bit of a mecha boff and after reading that I had finished and enjoyed Cross Ange suggested I watch Valvrave the Liberator. Thankfully this is on CR, and I don't even have to use a proxy like I did with Cross Ange.

Comment

...Hope I you've watched GaoGaiGar already, otherwise forget all other anime and watch that+ FINAL.

GOLDION CRUSHER!!!

Comment

I've barely watched any mecha anime dude. Outside of Gurren Lagann, Infinite Stratos and Eureka Seven - possibly a few others.

Comment

Still lots of time for you! I'm grabbing Valvrave to watch later. I hope the Cross Ange Vita game comes down in price a little in the future, it looks like a bit of shooty fun.

Comment

Valvrave is a true trainwreck like crossange, with kill'um'all dailed up to 11.. don't get a attached to anyone. Also the ending is a massive let down, but the ride up to it is great. Just that ending... make me angry that

worst character lasted that long,

Comment

Hibike! Euphonium - caught up with ep 6-8, and wow, the budget Kyoani are throwing into every episode makes me think im watching a film, the rain effects in ep7 are fantastic and the whole of ep8.... just wow the amount of detail and animation. Also helps the characters are likeable and interact well while driving the plot the forward (unlike K-On for the most part). Worth watching if you like Kyoani at their best.

Comment

The light yuri at the end of episode 8 made me glad I'd watched the show up until that point.

Comment

It was tad more than light [emoji38] i was have expecting the last shot with shadow to be leaning into each other, then i remembered it kyoani and they do this kind of teasing (though not a heavy a this) almost every show. After reading what some of the novel fans wrote, they've really toned down trumpet guys relationship with MC in favour for making up entirely new scenes and story for Reina. .. could they follow through on teasing for once? (Unlikely)

Comment

Just finished Your Lie in April. Watched up to episode 13 last weekend and finished it off this morning...

This type of show always, always, always gets me.

Comment

This weeks episode of Onepiece was especially good, Usopp continues to amaze everyone especially myself. It looks like he is able to use

the perception haki

but like when Luffy first discovered i don't think he's quite yet aware that's what it is. When it happened i was like "no waaaaaay" ah such a good episode & next week is the start of the final battle, well unless It's another damn Donflamingo clone lol.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Just finished Your Lie in April. Watched up to episode 13 last weekend and finished it off this morning...
                                This type of show always, always, always gets me.
                                Really good art style and animation to go along with it to, as i've said previously the ending

with the letter bit rubbed me the wrong way, i get it ties directly into the title of the show but it ****s on her character abit to have ****ed around with Arima and best friends feelings for the year she knew them.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                This weeks episode of Onepiece was especially good, Usopp continues to amaze everyone especially myself. It looks like he is able to use

the perception haki

but like when Luffy first discovered i don't think he's quite yet aware that's what it is. When it happened i was like "no waaaaaay" ah such a good episode & next week is the start of the final battle, well unless It's another damn Donflamingo clone lol.
                                Been waiting for Usopp's moment to step up to be animated, will have to download the next batch of eps. As for the arc itself the manga last week finished the fight with Mingo leaving us with the mop up part of the arc, about 8 months on from usopp joining

the Haki party

, as theres alot of mini fights with the Mingo's family to go through and of course the Mingo fight itself it multi-parted much like all the biggest fights Luffy has.

Alot of shows are finishing up this week or going into a cliff hanger ready for season2. I'll just list the shows i've enjoyed watching.

Danmachi - 13ep's - once the fighting started after his "upgrade" it was a roller-coaster of him fighting for his life every episode, seems like it'll be one of those 1 off series only to promote the novels but for what its worth the fighting was pretty intense and well animated, worth getting into if you the type of person that enjoyed SAO and Log Horizon.

Fate/Stay Nights UBW part2 - 13eps(of 25 with part1) - UFO working hard again with the HQ animation every episode, for me definitely a better story than the original timeline, and UBW was changed up enough to work well with FSN Zero which came before it. It does need watching the original and Zero to fully appreciate the story as they gloss over the tight the friendship/respect Shino and Sabre have for each other, everyone's history and alot of the slice of life is cut for long fights and driving the story forward.

Hibike Euphonium ep12(13 and last soon) - favourite of the season, took me a few episodes to get into it but once they introduced more characters and the MC started coming out of her shell it got a lot more interesting, and the band drama that follows kept me hooked, and he art, animation and sound are the best Kyoani's done yet. I really hope they follow up with a another season down the line, as it i've read it's only 4 novels long and so far only 2 have been adapted so there's enough material for a second season, if tomako market can get a follow up ending i hope this does to.

Jojo Bizarre Adventure Part3 - 48eps - it was mostly baddie of the week for long time till it got deadly serious once they reached Dio's home. At times it did get boring during the middle stretch in a "Still on Namek" way, but the Dio stuff didn't disappoint and i'll want to watch the final couple of the episodes again without the censor on it as it got pretty violent. Overall not as good as part 2, but i'll be looking forward to Part 4 in years to come.

Nagato-Yuki ep13 and ongoing into summer - went off in a weird direction at the end the of season, in Golden Time way. Thought this was suppose to be all cutesy slice of life with some comedy thrown in, suddenly injecting some dark drama and ep13's ending

was pretty touching with Best-Nagato "dying" after confessing to Kyon, would have much preferred that personality instead of the clutz.

Yahari s2 - 13eps - 2nd fav, the change in art style took some getting use to but 8man was back into his self-sacrifice groove for the first half till he matured abit as a character and the comedy of season 1 slipped away and turned full drama. A few well animated scenes for most of the emotional outbursts worked really well along with the introduction of Iroha who is a significantly more likeable character than Double Y's. 8man opens up alot more, we learn more of Yuk's social problems, and the groups friendship is pushed to breaking point in that they would earn to move on from their little support group to follow ones desires but it mean giving up the precious relationships these awkward teens built. Looking forward to season3 in few years time when the novels finish.

Plastic memories 13eps - it telegraphs the inevitable ending early on, with artificial humans have a 9 year A.I. life span after which the A.I. is wiped and the body recycled. First half was all sad story of the week, which mostly worked and filled in some of the worlds fiction as it went along, it then focuses on the MC's relationship after both know what will happen and it makes for a pretty sad last episode.

Ore Monogatari 13ps and on going into summer - nice little romcom where the couple get together early on and its more about their relationship and interactions, which usually involve the big guy being misunderstood by the public and earnest trust in people.

Shokugeki no Souma - 13eps and on going into summer - cooking school shounen with equal measure hot blooded cooking and ecchi comedy, general favourite for most people this season including me.
                                Last edited by Tobal; 02-07-2015, 20:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X