X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

always gets a giggle from me.

Comment

One punch man is my new on the must watch list that was a really good first episode

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        One punch man is my new on the must watch list that was a really good first episode
        It's good stuff, i really like the manga and its off shoot Psycho Mob from the same guy (though the original author does bad art called ONE, while this anime is based on Murata's redrawn ONE with crazy good art work). Looking forward to Sonic and Genos introductions and then the psychic sisters later on.

love the intro

Comment

Well to be honest just spent the last few hours going through all the comics and have enjoyed it a lot

Comment

One Punchman ep2 - well the animation budget is still there... they put some insane work in to Genos movement and i really, really hope every episode is like this. And even knowing the moleman bit was coming up it still made me laugh hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              One Punchman ep2 - well the animation budget is still there... they put some insane work in to Genos movement and i really, really hope every episode is like this. And even knowing the moleman bit was coming up it still made me laugh hard.
              Yeah does seem like they follow the comics closely....and i have read through the comics about 3 times now

Does seem to add a bit more humor aswell...but i love the story it just seems something that is tailor made to appeal to me.

Dragon ball super episode 14 and finally it has covered all the battle of the gods so should be something new now.....though i REALLY hope they do not retread the frieza film though

Comment

I'm reading through Junji Ito's work at the moment - anyone know if there are any tv shows (not the films) based off his work?

Comment

The only one i know of is Gyo and it's pretty terrible. On a better note Full Metal Panic is getting a 4th season!!! miracles do happen, probably do a mid season catch up over the weekend when we hit ep4/5 for autumn shows.

Comment

Still only seen The Second Raid once via fansub despite buying the blurays in 2010. Not sure I want to bother with another one.

Comment

Well certainly at the time the 1st season married the comedy, slight harem aspects and mecha combat perfectly, they suckered you in with the comedy and Sosuke fish out of water sensibility in dealing with everyday life with military precision, then they go all serious with mecha combat towards the end of the season. 2nd raid was more of the same and the 3rd was a comedy spin off. Definitely looking forward to a 4th (technically 3rd as far as the story goes) season.

Comment

Watched the last two episodes of Classroom Crisis last night - I really enjoyed this show and love the art, but I find it odd that they're always banging on about these superpowered SWNPR rocket races, and yet we never see any of them. Maybe in the next series...

Comment

There's a new Macross series, coming - Macross Delta.

The upcoming Macross Delta series was finally revealed to the public today, from its new setting to its characters and mecha. All in all, it looks like this could be an interesting series and one that harks back to the original Macross.

"The upcoming Macross Delta series was finally revealed to the public today, from its new setting to its characters and mecha. All in all, it looks like this could be an interesting series and one that harks back to the original Macross.

Delta is set a few years after Macross Frontier and deals with something called the Var Syndrome that is ravaging the galaxy. In typical Macross form the ?Tactical Sound Unit? Walk?re (shown above right) appear to combat this through the power of song.

This harks back to Macross 7, where this approach directly had an effect on the battlefield. In the series, both the rock group Fire Bomber and the Jamming Birds operated under a similar mandate though the former were arguably more successful."

Macross Delta TV Anime Unveils Teaser, Staff, Characters, Valkyries

Bandai presented some prototypes of the DX Chōgōkin toys it will offer for both fighters.

Comment

Up to episode 5 of one punch man and the quality is still there. Does follow the comic very closely indeed and i cannot wait to see what they do with later storylines

Comment

I'm not liking the direction of that, it looks like I.S. style Harem with Macross trappings and some pretty sub-standard CGI.. and im no fan of M7.

On to the mid season report.

One-Punchman - number 1, and for a good reason with its well mixed together fighting, gore and comedy. it always gives me a smile on my face to see the download files are 600mb+ big meaning there's some heavy animation in there, and it doesn't fail to deliver.

Heavy Object - turning out to be abit different to what i expected which was fat mecha/tank shooting it out, cut in with some R&D/Maintenance bits... instead we get Metal Gear meets Shadow of Colossus, where by i've been enjoying the two hapless bros finding various ways to beat the indestructible (by conventional weapon means) super weapons. Also getting the hint the top brass aren't fans of their heroics in findings way to take down these Billion dollar weapons without directly using a Heavy Object, perhaps pointing out to some world wide conspiracy. Almost as good an opening as OPM.

Fafner Exodus part2 - i think this might be the best Mecha show in last decade.. it requires alot of setup to watch season 1, the Film, and season2's part1.... but its worth it, puts the nonsense of Eva to shame. The amount of tension right now in that any of the main cast could be killed off as it nears the end is a bit nail biting, as the sense of danger is always there with these characters i've watched grow up fighting against the odds and barely coming out alive(or not at all). The CG Art and Animations for the Mecha are step above everything else right now, including Gundam Orgins.

YuruYuri S3 - more slice of life lesbo teasing school girls.

Concrete Revolutio - turning into a really good show, Superhuman/Kaiju detective/fighting show, showing 2 time eras around the 60's where the MC is a good guy in the past, but a bad guy future and we're slowly finding out why he turned against the the good guys, featuring all sorts of monsters, ghost, superheroes and mecha. Occasionally has bouts of incredible animation for the a few of the fights which wouldn't be out of place in an film.

Gundam IBO - Started pretty merciless for what is show about child soldiers, and carries on that way... messing up or losing usually means death. Doesn't really seem to the have the budget compared to the previous Rec-G show as that space battle was very ropey for the mecha on mecha stuff, but still i like the fast paced and sensible plot and do like it when someone mentions where ever there's a turning point in history you'll find a Gundam in the fray.

Utawarerumono InK - not really got going yet, just setting up what i expect will be a large cast if it follows anything of the previous shows pacing. Basically feudal japan + furries doing light hearted stuff so far which i expect will turn to war at some point.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk- turned pretty dull, as one of the 3 high school battle shows this season its at the bottom. Art and animation turned pretty bad after ep1 and the lead MC is of the boring superman clich? so there's no angle of being an underdog to support, he just turns up and waves his purple light sabre around (complete is similar sounding swooshes of the starwars kind). Dropped it.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - 2nd of the high school battle shows, fairs better due to the unusual pacing of the MC's relationship with the main girl advancing really fast, and i always have thing for MC main power being counter tactics as the underdog. Animation is pretty decent to.

Comet Lucifer - thought it might be some kind of Eureka7 like show with colourful mecha and seriously end times plot.. but so far it been the adventures of a retard alien girl and useless MC used to carry Aliens mecha around in a stone doll. Even with action in ep5, i couldn't bring myself to care about the characters or the plot, dropped.

Seraph of the End s2 - shounen battle show with humans using demon weapons to kill vampires, decent enough battle show which is starting to focus on the teamwork of the 5 characters as they fight harder and harder fights, insside of going it alone as in s1(and getting thrashed). Only worth watching if you went through season1.

Shomin Sample - surprisingly i think this might be the only harem show, MC is a common boy drafted in to a posh school to teach the fifthly rich about commoners, he's given job as the school think he's gay when he's not.. so most of the ecchi comedy revolves around girls letting their guard down and him doing commoner "stuff" like pot noodles.

Noragami Aragoto - season 2 of Noragami the hobo god, fighting spirits with his spirit blade and human/ghost sidekicks. Really needs to have season 1 seen to care about what's happening in s2 as they spare little time for introducing the characters and jump right into the plot, good stuff.

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shouta - 3rd high school battle show, this time about anti magic units chasing down bad witches, involves an awful lot of student deaths to point the MC's group and school staff don't seem to give dam or be fazed by the kid they where just speaking to now has his face missing... not a great show, the fighting seems to devolve in to CGI knight armour like GARO but with half the budget and them just swinging fireballs at each other. Dropped.

Subete ga F ni Naru - wasn't sure a first what the show was trying to be, but it evolves in to a murder mystery to be solved by some clever people, usual noitamina standard for art/animation. I quite like it despite the pretentiousness of teacher and MC girl.

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa ****ai ga Umatteiru - detective show, with a murder/death of the week to be solved as somehow the MC boy always ends up near murder/death scenes.. to the point not sure why the police haven't just locked him up yet. Generally boils down to the MC girl figuring out what happened and making the police look stupid. decent show.

Peeping Life - more of a traditional japanese sit-com/skit show, i'm sure the all the animation is motion captured from the real actors. it uses (in)famous old manga/anime characters doing real-life everyday stuff with nods and hints towards their powers or situations, like Astro boy taking advice on dating. Got a few laughs from me, mainly down to the "dumb couple" at the end of each show.

Osomatsu-san - rebirth of an old gag strip about 6 identical brothers, who are now grown up and trying to make their way in the modern world. Didn't connect with me as i have no reference for the original.

Valkyrie Drive(uncen) -

basically Queens Blade with tag teams and the lesbo/ecchi factor dailed to 11, its terrible but i'm still going to watch it.

Comment

Only watching Yuru Yuri this season myself.

Got Turn A Gundam ready to go once I've finished watching Sons of Anarchy though.

Comment

Working...
                                X