Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Affleck is the new Batman

Nope, it's not a joke.

IMDb, the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content.

Ben Affleck will play the role of the Caped Crusader in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman film, directed by Zack "300" Snyder.

terrible... just terrible...

Comment

WTF!!!!!

Seriously worst piece of casting ever.

Comment

Does this deserve its own thread when iwe already have one for Man of Steel 2?

Comment

He hated making Daredevil, but I think that was partly due to it being around the time when he was in the papers all the time as he was dating Jennifer Lopez and people started thinking it's cool to abbreviate names.

Personally, I'd have preferred a lesser-known actor to make the role his own as opposed to getting Affleck playing himself again.

It should have been Scott Adkins.

Comment

Can't really be the worst casting. That would be Eddie Izzard in things. Or anyone from Allo Allo in a serious movie. Or Jim from Neighbours.

Affleck is fine. He's a competent actor, looks suitably squarish and it's not like Batman needs real range, is it? Grumpy voice for Batman and smarmy smile for Bruce Wayne. And I'm not convinced we'll be seeing a massive amount of Wayne given how the movie has to be split.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Can't really be the worst casting. That would be Eddie Izzard in things. Or anyone from Allo Allo in a serious movie. Or Jim from Neighbours.
              Lol ok maybe I was a bit OTT with the comment but honestly I don't think I can take the movie seriously now.

Neil

Comment

Pretty decent bit of casting, his last few movies of his own have been decent and he's been good in them, come a long way since his J-Lo days.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                  Does this deserve its own thread when iwe already have one for Man of Steel 2?
                  My bad. I didn't realize they are the one and same film. Feel free to merge this to the Man of Steel thread.

Also, I'm willing to give Affleck a chance. Bale was totally over-rated as Bats and his "tough guy voice" was ridiculous. Hopefully Benny won't be trying something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    Lol ok maybe I was a bit OTT with the comment but honestly I don't think I can take the movie seriously now.

Neil
                    Or wait and see how it comes out, he might be good in the role and as has been said, were not likely to see much of Wayne given that the film will probably be mostly them beating the crap out of each other, well, supes beating the crap out of bats anyway.

Comment

I think he's a woeful actor, but then again, I haven't seen his recent output, which has been commended. I just remember his nauseating and inept performances in Michael Bay's ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Jim from Neighbours was ace in 24!

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                          Jim from Neighbours was ace in 24!
                          He will always be Jim from Neighbours!

Even in The O.C., Ugly Betty, Lost, 24, NCIS, ER, The West Wing, The X-Files, Entourage, Once Upon a Time, Star Trek Nemesis, Hollywood Homicide, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo!

Comment

Affleck is a fine actor for me...i dont watch the michael bay ****e though so wouldn't be able to judge those performances.

As guts says bale was massively overrated as batman though, and affleck will be at least as good you'd imagine.

I really quite liked him in "The Town" to be fair.

Comment

Yep, if you watch Michael Bay movies you only have yourself to blame. Affleck is hardly responsible for whatever ****e lies inside those movies.

Comment

Working...
                              X