No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to not watch something because of accusations made against someone. Found guilty? Depends on the crime but then I might boycott it, but definitely not just accusations.

Comment

That came out a bit self righteous. Apologies. Everyone has to make their own choices on these matters and I wouldn't judge.

Comment

I thought Bright was a cool watch. Massive racial stereotypes, but entertaining if you can let that slide.

Comment

Shame about Dirk Gently. I'm in two minds about finishing The Ranch still due to that other guy.
          A friend of mine made a good point though, "guilty until proven innocent". I still remember when Craig Charles was accused and it came to nothing.

Comment

Saw Bright the night it was put online. Have to say I enjoyed it from start to finish. Interesting subject and it didn’t actually do much wrong.

Just a solid film.

The “critics” obviously didn’t get their cheques through on time for their “reviews”.

A solid 7/10 fishies for me.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              It's interesting that this was slated by critics but enjoyed by most people who watched it and The Last Jedi was lauded by reviewers, but disliked by a lot of fans.
              http://www.darkhorizons.com/netflix-...-disconnected/
              I've found it interesting that the recent Star Wars was given a pass by the media but a film released straight to a home media streaming service was generally panned.

I'll have to watch the film and make my own mind up really. It makes one wonder if the media is stuck in the past though when it comes to how people watching films has changed and they're reluctant to adapt.

Comment

You might wonder that for a brief second before you realise that films released in the cinema also get panned.

Comment

Black Lightning: Utter ****. I only got 15 minutes into it. Some of the worst acing in modern times, totally predictable. Like a crap Luke Cage, which was already crap.

Comment

Just watch From Beyond. I would reco-recommend it, it's aged like a nice, lurid red.

Comment

I keep thinking that's The Beyond, the bonkers Fulci film. Seriously, read the synopsis.

I've not seen From Beyond or Re-Animator. I should rectify that, really.

Comment

From Beyond looks good @JazzFunk. I'll watch that, thanks.

Does anyone here listen to the podcast The Flophouse? They did a hilarious one on Bright. Worth a listen.

Comment

#QualityChimp I'm a Fulci fan myself but both movies you mention are the balls if you're after quality lurid 80s B-movies. I've just realised, add 'Society' in there and you truly have this crazy trilogy created by the same creators.

wakka watch it! It's fun!!!! And that slight sense of perviness it all has, even though it's not pushed to the fore, the characters get off when that thing is turned on!!!!

Comment

It's weird, when I first watched From Beyond as a kid I didn't understand the kinky undertones, it was different seeing it as an adult.

Fun, fun movie, you don't get these anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              I've just realised, add 'Society' in there and you truly have this crazy trilogy created by the same creators.
                              I found Society a fascinating watch. On the surface, it's this sun-drenched over saturated 90210 drama, but after a while the cracks show and what really going on is revealed and it's properly messed up.

The little you know about it, the better. I can imagine people stumbling onto it are like:

I saw From Dusk 'Til Dawn at a preview knowing very little about it, so after about an hour, when it turned from a crime movie to a vampire caper, I was expecting someone to wake up from a dream, but they didn't.

Comment

Society. Top film. Surprise that everyone my age hasn't watched it. No, wait.....
                                LOL @ your GIF as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X