Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    Checked Netflix Japan out this morning.

Unblock-Us already has it as a region option which is great.

Selection doesn't seem huge but it's early days. I noticed UK stuff like Mr. Selfridge, Derek and Trainspotting; U.S. stuff like Daredevil and Breaking Bad; even stand-up like Chris Tucker! Everything has Japanese subtitles, naturally.
    So Netflix Japan has all the Netflix-generated content? That fits.

You should use a website like whatsnewonnetflix.com to see what is new, add that to your list so it's ready for when you have time to watch something. That's what I do when they add kung fu movies.

Comment

I use http://flixsearch.io which shows what's available on all regions(and now they even tell you which regions have which series of a programme). I'll check your site out, too.

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]: your clairvoyance knows no bounds. I let her pick something and it was a bloody Japanese programme where celebrities are chased by guys in suits for an hour. The longer they survive, the more money they get. Admittedly it was pretty entertaining but also an anti-climax considering what was on offer. She has a fever so I didn't argue and I know what it feels like to watch something with subs when you're sick!

Comment

逃走中?
        Always thought that looked odd.

Comment

That's the one. In the last ten minutes or so they release 100 suit guys and the celebs have fire extinguishers to spray them with. Any hunters sprayed freeze on the spot and stay there. It looks quite cool and eerie.

Comment

Netflix UK has got bloody awful lately. So bad, plus this latest distributor news that I'm cancelling my subscription. Now TV has allot better stuff. I currently have their movie pass, and while pricey, the films on offer and what they have coming up is for me personally well worth the price of admission.

Comment

I'll stick with netflix for the moment, I've just gotten to the 3rd season of Friends - 7 more to go! Then I think Farscape is next. I guess the Star Trek stuff is gone next month...

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]: Last night turned things around! She was still feeling bad so didn't want anything too rowdy. I decided to show her Derek because it's quiet and also brilliant and she loved it.

[MENTION=1477]darkangel[/MENTION]: Sounds good! Ultimately, there's no use hanging on if there isn't enough there to interest you. And I think the only thing you lose by canceling and possibly rejoining later is having to pay a new(likely higher) monthly fee.

Comment

I just noticed Netflix Japan was just launched. Saw it as an option through my DNS service. Some interesting stuff in there... Terrible Japanese Dramas like a Netlfix original "Underwear" (no joke) and the rest. Japanese TV doesn't seem to be winning any awards... However, the Indiana Jones trilogy is available and some interesting animation. Fortunately many shows also have English subs (not all).

Comment

I'm very impressed with the range of programmes on the Japanese Netflix. It's got Black Mirror, ffs.

Makes me wonder how much of the selection is catering to ex-pats.

Comment

I swear the people making the Xbox One app are trying to put themselves out of work. The My List feature has been removed, so all the things I had stored to watch later are gone. As well as the Continue Watching feature. Instead there's a new Categories button which let's you filter by their weird genres. Which is fractionally quicker than scrolling down...

Comment

Ignore that. Once I had watched something, quit the app and opened it again, the useful stuff came back

Comment

Apparently Netflix is doing a one-off limited series revival of Gilmore Girls. Only ever saw a handful of eps and hated it. Seems a very US centric choice of revival but still, interesting to see stuff still getting brought back.

Comment

Cyberpunk sci-fi may be looking at slipping into the abyss of popularity again but fans looking for more will have Altered Carbon on Netflix from 02 February. It has that 'costs too much for them to keep renewing' look about it but it's intriguing as it is by the looks

Comment

I'll give that a watch. I read the book it's based on a few years ago and it was good, although its sequel was awful.

Comment

Yeah, I read the book too and enjoyed it, but not enough to want to try the sequel.

Comment

Working...
                                X