No announcement yet.

The Matrix: Resurrections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original was and still is a classic piece of cinema. It's aged so well which is very difficult for sci fi generally and a mark of its quality and how ahead of its time it was

I personally don't mind reloaded but never got on with revolutions much simply because it just seemed so unable to reach the pay off it deserved.

This is looking very good this far but I can't help but be reluctantly hopeful it's more of the first and less of the revolutions attempt to explain everything.

Comment

I'm generally in agreement with others that the first was a greatly crafted action film with creative ways of shooting the scenes sprinkled with interesting philosophical ideas to think over. Reloaded didn't hit the heights of the first film but got the action right on the whole (they pushed the Neo vs 100 Agent Smiths fight but I preferred the chateau weapons fight and Morpheus/Trinity versus the twins). Revelations wanted to go big and though it did lost what was special in the previous two films (I think viewers preferred the real hand-to-hand combat of The Matrix than the Dragonball-esque levels of superpowered and mid-air brawling we got at the end of the third film).

Perhaps current technology will allow the crew to present something fresh and unique again within the universe. If they can channel what made the first film good that'll be a good start.

Comment

Doesn’t look too shabby

Comment

Some very interesting stuff going on in that trailer.
          Im up for it

Comment

I think it looks great! The setup seems like a great place to get back into The Matrix, albeit with a risk that it could feel like a retread. The visuals looks fantastic. Curious to see if it's a compelling story but I'm definitely in based on the trailer.

Comment

Yeah, looks alright that does.

Comment

I'm in!!

Comment

One of the big questions raised by the casting of Yahya Abdul-Mateen II in “The Matrix Resurrections” and brought to a crescendo earlier this morning with the trailer is that of who he is playing. It has long been rumored the “Candyman,” “Watchmen” and “Aquaman” actor would be playing a younger version of Laurence Fishburne’s […]

Abdul-Mateen II confirms he's Morpheus

Comment

Figured that from the trailer but it does leave me curious. I can’t remember what was going on with Morpheus at the end of the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Figured that from the trailer but it does leave me curious. I can’t remember what was going on with Morpheus at the end of the last one.
                      What's weirder is that Laurence Fishburne apparently hasn't been contacted, at all, at any point in the production process, according to him. He doesn't know anything more about the movie than we do.

It seems really weird to do a throwback movie and recast one of the roles, when the original actor is still alive/acting, and one of the conceits of the movie is that the characters have aged.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        The character is alive and kicking by the end of the trilogy.
                        Rumour is, its said in this film he died off screen of old age. I wonder if more time has passed outside the Matrix then we think.

Comment

I did some Googling and in some Matrix online game…

he was killed, albeit with some doubt. Maybe they are still taking all media as canon and the real Morpheus is dead.

Does seem like a water opportunity not to have Fishburne back but let’s see how it goes.

Comment

I assume that the Morpheus thing will fit fine as we're already working around Neo and Trinity's demises in the previous film. By the logic of the Matrix we're following a different cycle of the system so every character from the previous trilogy can reappear in some reincarnated form (other than arguably Agent Smith). It's possible many years have passed outside the Matrix but equally it could be literally weeks too as the simulation informs their perception of the passage of time. All of it kind of leaves the door wide open too that the Zion sequences are simulations too.

Comment

Think I'm going to bow out from this thread, for now.

I'm going to see it, possibly several times and everything here is going to be conjecture, spoilers and being told I'm wrong for liking Reloaded!

Comment

I'm liking the new trailer and a billion bonus points for saying "coming this Christmas" rather that the stupid American trend of "holiday season" which they say for every bloody holiday so it's never clear what they mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X