The Goonies 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goonies 2

Yup, it's happening and all original surving actors are hoped to return. Richard Donner revealed it and it seems is making the sequel himself

Some things should just be left alone, IMO this is one film that doesn't require a sequel or a reboot.

Comment

Agree, it seems that hollywood is so desparate for ideas that they are happy to plunder childhoold films & screw them up in pointless remakes & sequels.

Goonies doesn't need messing with.

Comment

Is it the 1st of April again already?

Comment

The Goonies 2: The Middle Age Crisis

or maybe

The Goonies 2: The Hangover Part IV

This has got to be one of the dumbest ideas for a sequel ever.

Comment

"When I were a lad we found a pirate"

"Prove it Dad you idiot liar"

"Okay"

Bet that's the storyline.

Comment

I don't think this is a terrible idea, there nothing like it been made for kids since, I showed this to my 6 year old and he loved it, but would it be aimed at the original fans and pitched at an older audience.

or would it be a smart, non patronising kids adventure film in the same tone as the original. hopping that nostalgia gets parents to take there kids isn't going to be enough, if they pitch it right I think they could be onto a winner though.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 06-04-2014, 00:02.

Comment

But if you can still watch the original with your 6 year old and it's still relevant then why the hell bother with a remake/sequel?

I watched it fairly recently and its great. Corny and for kids (through adult eyes) but quite honestly the stuff of kids dreams.

Comment

In spite of the reports, I'd be very surprised if this goes ahead. You never know, there is a chance is could be a great modern kids movie. But there is far more chance that it will be as great as the two Lost Boys sequels...

Comment

First trailer here

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      In spite of the reports, I'd be very surprised if this goes ahead. You never know, there is a chance is could be a great modern kids movie. But there is far more chance that it will be as great as the two Lost Boys sequels...
                      They did a lost boy sequel that must of been terrible I've never even heard of it

Also Borris, they could put the name goonies two on that trailer lol

Comment

Yes lost boys spawned two additional films including Michael as a cameo. The 1st should of been left as a standalone.

Comment

Warner Bros is teaming with Disney for a Disney+ series that will revive the sequel film concept as a TV show about a teacher and a group of kids trying to remake the original Goonies film. Disney is working on redeveloping the concept which is currently going by the title Our Time

Comment

Working...
                          X