Disney Classic 54: Big Hero 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney Classic 54: Big Hero 6

Ahead of Thursday’s trailer launch, Disney has released fresh stills from its upcoming first animated adaptation of a Marvel comic book – “Big Hero 6”. The story follows robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada and his robot companion Baymax who find themselves in the midst of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the city of San […]

Disney Animation targets the boys this time with their follow up to Frozen which is based on the Marvel comics oddly enough for a Disney Classic entry. The first trailer hits Thursday but the first images are now.

Ooster:

Comment

First, more of a teaser, trailer:

Comment

This looks great. Never heard of the comic before.

Comment

Loads of new posters

Comment

They took Kerwhizz on Cbeebies and grew them up a bit...

Comment

EJust back from seeing it at the local odeon with the family and it was fantastic

There is a Disney short at the start called feast which is charming about a homeless dog, which becomes homed and fed throughout the short, usual Disney superb animation

The movie itself is long for a Disney (110 minutes) and the time flew in

Animation is incredible especially when the micro bots are on the screen and the time flies in with loads of action

Couple of sad moments in the movie but baymax is a star

Also watch until the end of the credits as there is another scene
              Last edited by buster_broon; 04-01-2015, 16:13.

Comment

Looking forward to this, just rewatched Wreck it Ralph which put me properly in the mood

Comment

I only found out about the advance preview yesterday and booked the tickets straight away

The radio have been doing adverts like, do you wanna build a.......... Robot to the Anna classic

Honest mate it's class, I'm not a fan of the older disney's but in the last 20 years or so they are going from strength to strength

I think it's a better movie than frozen (more marvel references lol) but I highly doubt it will topple frozen from its perch of top grossing cartoon of all time

Because my children are 2 and 4 we watched the standard 2D release but I expect the 3D to be superb in points especially when baymax is flying
                  Last edited by buster_broon; 04-01-2015, 16:30.

Comment

Def gonna give it a whirl, I think I've enjoyed the recent Disney suff more than I have Pixars

Comment

I saw this a few weeks ago with the kids and we all loved it. This is the sort of funny and charming Disney I prefer over the musical ones. Highly recommended for kids of all ages.

Comment

I didn't know that it's the first disney/marvel cartoon until I had a look yesterday (looking for Easter eggs)

No idea big hero 6 was marvel which obviously went through a few changes like Sanfransokyo and removal of main characters due to licensing issues (feck you 20th century fox and silver samurai)

Comment

Working...
                        X