Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
    Oh yeah, when Galactica came back to liberate the people on the surface, that was a definite high point of all four series!
    Couldn't agree more, that was a staggeringly good episode. Particularly the move Adama does with Galactica

Comment

i'll miss the first 2 series of it, most of the third and pratically none of the 4th. When it was good it was amazing and at least it didn't outstay its welcome.

I'm happy it got tied up and not left open to massive interpretation like the Soprano's did but I'm not happy with all the religous crap they used to dig themselves out of the plot hole they'd dug into.

Comment

by the way -

was the guy who was playing piano ever explained?

a vision of starbucks / her dad etc?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_rich View Post
          by the way -

was the guy who was playing piano ever explained?

a vision of starbucks / her dad etc?

Yeah, an angel who didn't know she was an angel seeing visions of other angels.... No wonder they made her vanish cause they dug themselves a huge hole with that whole story arc.

Comment

I got a bit of a surprise the other day - I was mourning the loss of decent TV.. particularly BSG, and Sharpe - my Sharpe obsession led me to download Horatio Hornblower for some more Napoleonic action, and I started watching it last week.

I tell you what, one of those english officers with the ponytails looks an awful lot like Lee Adama... couldn't possibly be him though because his accent is flawless. Or so I thought, but it was in fact Jamie Bamber!

So which one is true, is he english pretending to be american or vice versa?? It really was a perfect accent... regardless of which one is fake I'm very impressed. Quite odd to see him playing a rather weak character though (he played M'shipman Kennedy who was epileptic and bullied). Great actor, I hope we get to see him in something else of equal quality.

Comment

English pretending to be American.

I remember seeing something on the Late Show with David Letterman which was the 'Top Ten' list and it had 10 members of the cast reading it. I was surprised when he started talking.

Comment

He's in Law and Order UK does that count?

Comment

No one watched Caprica? mate tells me it's out and was pretty good viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                    No one watched Caprica? mate tells me it's out and was pretty good viewing.
                    its in my queue - 2meg broadband isnt the fastest

not due to start until October/November

Comment

It's out next week to buy on DVD in the US and last I heard it's not due for broadcast until next year, you dirty pirates.

Comment

Eh what, has the pilot been released or something?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                          Eh what, has the pilot been released or something?
                          YARR!!!!

always wanted to do that

Comment

I was a tad sceptical about Caprica but after seeing the pilot I was left feeling quite satisfied. It really looks like it could be a good show with a strong cast and a very interesting storyline. It brought a tear to my eye with the references to cubits and frakking too, ahh how I miss Galactica so *sniff*

Comment

This was actually pretty good, it is much slower paced than Battlestar but they just about pulled it off as it seems to neatly tie into the known universe. I expect some will find it boring or irritating (it gets dangerously close to naff teenage dramas) but for me the hooks into the parent series were strong enough to keep me interested.

I don't know how a full series will work, I guess it depends on how far they show up to. Would be nice to see right up to the beginning of Battlestar but I don't think that would ever happen. Would need to see the First Cylon war at least!

Comment

Just got around to watching the Caprica pilot... it's a bit good is'nt it?

As someone who's only had a passing interest in Battlestar before this (I don't think I've even seen a full episode) is it worth going back and catching up? I understand that this is a prequal, so it probably is'nt necessary, but if it's as good or beter than this...

Comment

Working...
                                X