No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started watching it myself. Its been pretty good, its clever that they have managed to link our own current situation in the world, considering how the original series ended it makes perfect sense.

Is it just me or do the production values on this series look really expensive.

Comment

When is Caprica due to start airing on Sky1? I can't seem to find a solid date...

Comment

Originally posted by SkilloChris View Post
        Just got around to watching the Caprica pilot... it's a bit good is'nt it?

As someone who's only had a passing interest in Battlestar before this (I don't think I've even seen a full episode) is it worth going back and catching up? I understand that this is a prequal, so it probably is'nt necessary, but if it's as good or beter than this...

I got the enitre Battlestar series boxset on DVD for christmas. I've not played any game since. I love scifi and this has to be one of the best shows I've ever seen. Lost meets Star Trek.

Fantastic acting and a compelling story.

I'm on the last 6 DVD's so will start gaming again in a few weeks I imagine. Brilliant Brilliant stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
          I got the enitre Battlestar series boxset on DVD for christmas. I've not played any game since. I love scifi and this has to be one of the best shows I've ever seen. Lost meets Star Trek.

Fantastic acting and a compelling story.

I'm on the last 6 DVD's so will start gaming again in a few weeks I imagine. Brilliant Brilliant stuff.
          too true, its bloody brilliant. 'The Farm' (series 2??) is one of my favourites episodes ever. Brilliant. The acting is amazing.

Comment

This and Deep space nine is sci-fi at it's very best.
            Last edited by Hartley Hare; 26-01-2010, 06:10.

Comment

Good to see people still talking about this. I bought the Blu-ray set a while back and finally got around to watching season 1, and it really is brilliant. The whole thing does kind of lose it in the middle - I reckon that they could easily trim it down to three seasons without harming the series as a whole and end up with a higher overall standard - but I still love it. One of the best sci-fi shows ever.

Comment

I got to the end of season 4 last night, where they

find earth, all busted up.

Just 4 DVD's left of the final season.

Oh well, at least I'll play game again soon! I have about 10 unopened...

What I love about this show is the characters. Sure it's a SciFi, but it's the characters that are the focus, not the effects or the space scenes.

The fact that the effects and special FX are top notch is no bad thing, but the foundations of the show are the people and the craft of the actors.

I think a lot of people who don't like SciFi (Like the wife) will miss out on something by dimissing this as a trekky show for nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                  I got to the end of season 4 last night, where they

find earth, all busted up.

Just 4 DVD's left of the final season.

Oh well, at least I'll play game again soon! I have about 10 unopened...

What I love about this show is the characters. Sure it's a SciFi, but it's the characters that are the focus, not the effects or the space scenes.

The fact that the effects and special FX are top notch is no bad thing, but the foundations of the show are the people and the craft of the actors.

I think a lot of people who don't like SciFi (Like the wife) will miss out on something by dimissing this as a trekky show for nerds.
                  That scene you spoiliered is a great somber moment that lesser shows would of used to finish the thing off and have a great big happy party, but not this show thank god .

Your also right about people dismissing is as a nerdy sci fi to. In fact while its set in the future, i wouldn't really put it in the sci fi bracket, as it was more of a drama really, and better for it too.

Comment

Just ordered the first season of this on HD DVD from eBay for a tenner Saw a review saying it was on a par with the likes of The Wire, 24, Lost, etc. so I thought I'd give it a go.

Babylon 5 is my favourite sci-fi show, but as much as I love the storylines, it looks cheap and the acting can sometimes be a bit, er, questionable It'll be nice to see a sci-fi show that has a big budget behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
                      When is Caprica due to start airing on Sky1? I can't seem to find a solid date...
                      Part 1 of the pilot is avaible to download for free on itunes

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

(think you may need a US account though)

Comment

Spotted BSG The Plan on Skyplayer last night, have to say it wasn't as good as I had hoped, it all seemed a bit fast tracked, it could have done with being longer, its still worth watching though as it does reveal a few nice details..

Comment

I thought it was a bit confused, especially when they re-used old footage from the series so characters, in particular chief, got fatter/thinner in certain scenes or just looked different.

I do think Dean Stockwell's performance as Cavell is pretty cool though

Shows how detailed the story and world they plotted is around the series is, worth a watch but not great.

Comment

Check out the amazing trailer for the new Battlestar Galactica prequel, Blood and Chrome. Following a young William Adama fighting in the first Cylon War. Last we heard, this pilot was going to be demoted to a webseries, instead of being aired as a TV movie. But this trailer is too amazing to be relegated to the…

Comment

I know it's been demoted to a web series but... something just feels... 'off' in that trailer. I've got my doubts about this spin-off.

Comment

Syfy have pulled the trailer and said that they'll air the pilot as some unknown time in the future but have effectively axed the spin-off already

Comment

Working...
                                X