Critics Club 38: Snyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club 38: Snyder

A little late this time and veering back towards the newer arrivals as we tackle Zack Snyder. He often gets a bad wrap of over stylised visuals however despite such a mixed success at the box office there are some who have fondness for some of his films.

Which stands as his finest title to date?
    Dawn of the Dead
    0%
    0%
    Watchmen
    0%
    Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole
    0%
    Sucker Punch
    0%
    Man of Steel
    0%

Dawn of the Dead was pretty good. Everything since has been total crap.

Comment

DISAGREE!!! Awesome body of work. Other action directors could learn from him. Watchmen....just.

Comment

Dawn of the Dead

Comment

I actually tried to watch Sucker Punch today and oly lasted 40 minutes before it had to go off, maybe if I was 13 I'd enjoy it, embarrasing movie really.

I do like 300 though.

Comment

The only director I can think of that I now actively refuse to watch anything he has touched. His films (that I have seen) are just awful. Sucker punch alone must be one of the worst things I've ever sat through, utter drivel that shouldn't even appeal to prepubescent boys.

I vote for the non existent "total ****" choice. (Use your imagination, but rhymes with hunt)

Comment

Sucker Punch is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I was embarrassed when I watched it in the cinema. I left feeling ashamed and dirty, and I had even paid money for that sh*t.

Comment

Dawn of the Dead - Good debut
                300 - Racist sh1t content
                Watchmen - Made the impossible possible so ha uuge big up from me
                Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole - havent seen nor do I care about it.
                Sucker Punch - one of the worst films ever, made me embarrassed to be associated with people who like comics, cartoons and games FFS
                Man of Steel - F'kin awesome

I voted Watchmen but it was a close call with MOS. If he's given the right content and reigned in then he can produce some great stuff. A little too bombastic sometimes but compared to Bay he's flipping Federico Fellini

Comment

Watchmen.
                  Man of steel.

Absolutely awesome films that could of all gone the way of sucker punch, oh sucker punch, how did you go so very, very wrong.

Comment

I liked Sucker Punch.

Comment

Dawn of the Dead - Pretty well done, don't really have many issues with it. Did a decent job

300 - Visually he deserves credit, really well put together but the story etc bored me

Watchmen - Hats off simply for achieving as much as he did, to pull it together as much as he did and it still be enjoyable is good

Legends of the Guardians - Not seen

Sucker Punch - There's moments I like but it didn't pull together for me

Man of Steel - I love it, I feel much of the main criticism it gets to be weak argument. Holds together well on all fronts rather than just visually also. Best of his so far

Comment

I haven't seen Sucker Punch; all I know about it is that it centres on a blonde girl in a sailor uniform (as that was pretty much the poster).

What's so bad about it?

Comment

For much of the time it's like a series of CG music videos strung together, it's got a good enough plot idea but doesn't go anywhere with it

Comment

I liked Sucker Punch too Was like playing a silly Japanese videogame for 2 hours.

Watchmen gets my vote in this. Despite it having the cringiest sex scene in movie history.

Not seen, nor will ever see, Man of Steel. Superman as a character is awful imo.

Comment

Sucker Punch (genuine, not trolling)
                              MoS
                              Dawn of the Dead

Edit: Switched Watchmen for DotD.
                              Last edited by Terry Tibbs; 13-07-2014, 17:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X