Critics Club 45: McTiernan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critics Club 45: McTiernan

To boost us back on track, a double helping today of Critics Club as we also critique director John McTiernan. Quite a fan of directing action fare until his imprisonment, he's now freshly out and starting film making again.

Till now though, what is his best directorial work?
    Nomads
    0%
    Predator
    0%
    Die Hard
    0%
    The Hunt for Red October
    0%
    Medicine Man
    0%
    Last Action Hero
    0%
    Die Hard: With a Vengeance
    0%
    The 13th Warrior
    0%
    The Thomas Crown Affair
    0%
    Rollerball
    0%
    Basic
    0%

I've said it before, but if were John McTiernan, I would walk into a bar and say to the barman "Hello! I'm John McTiernan, director of Predator and Die Hard." and enjoy free drinks every time.

That's a pretty solid list, but it's definitely down to those two.

For me, it's Die Hard. Such an excellent action film that directors, film companies, heck, even Bruce Willis have been trying to recreate that magic balance ever since.

I won't bang on or quote it, because we all love it.

Comment

Easy, Predator. One of the best films ever. Die Hard is bloody good but a distant second for me.

Im not gonna quote otherwise I'll be here all day

Comment

Well duh, Rollerball remake with charisma-of-a-toilet-brush Chris Klein of course!

But more seriously, this is a battle between Predator and Die Hard, there can be no other choice. I went with Predator, but on another day it could really be Die Hard also.

Comment

This is a toughy!

Die Hard and Predator are both exceptional examples of the action genre but there's something about DHWAV that I just love. It's easily my most watched DH movie.

But, Alan Rickman does make an awesome Deutsch baddie.

Die Hard it is.

Comment

i would love to see the 13th warrior as it was meant to be originally someone told me that the film was originally due to be 3hrs + but was shelved then antonio banderas became famous due to zorro then it was edited together and a lot shorter then released

Comment

All of those films are duds IMO...bar the obvious two of course!

Die Hard and Predator tie for me. Perfect action films.

Comment

Die Hard for me though Predator is the obvious other contender. I do like DH3 as well even though it's not my fave entry. Enjoyed Hunt for Red October too and god dammit I'm not ashamed to admit I love Last Action Hero too

Comment

I ain't got time to bleed!

Now I have a machine gun HO HO HO

Comment

Predator....just.

Comment

Working...
                    X