No announcement yet.

Bordersdown Vinyl/Record Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punio, Please let me know the model of the amp and I can give you some figures as I've been viewing pioneer receivers for the last few years. If it isn't a receiver, just an amp..i'll have a look for you if you can give me a model number please.

I'm not sure what you mean about your speaker issue...its probably just me...but all you need, strand79 cable will do (about a quid a metre) run the cable from the speaker into the amp for the L Speaker then the same with the right....

Comment

Cheers mate,

SX-750- its HUUUGGGGEEEE!!!!

My other issue relates to my speaker, basically its a modern beast.
      On my old amp I just ran an rca cable from it to this speaker. I wouldn't be able to do this with the pioneer as it doesn't have a pre out or suchlike!

Comment

I googled SX-750 and it should have this at the back to connect your speakers to....unless I have it wrong (which I may have)
        But I am sure all these 70's receivers had inputs for audio cables....

Comment

Yep, thats it. I can connect the turntable to this (Phono L + R)

But how can I connect it to my speaker? Perhaps this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speaker-Conv.../dp/B004UA753G

Comment

Are you saying you have one speaker with a single rca cable?

Comment

My current amp goes to the speaker as shown below - rca to rca.

This is my speaker-

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Why wont it go into the pioneer punio? like your other amp?

Edit....I'm a bit lost....its me, apologies..
                Last edited by ShadowDancer; 19-05-2015, 19:45.

Comment

lol No, its me!!

I have no issue connecting the turntable to either amp - i.e red/white rca cable from turntable to phono connection in amp.

My rotel amp I connect:
                  red/white rca cable from speaker to pre out on amp. (basically rca cable from amp to speaker)

New pioneer amp:
                  red/white rca cable from speaker to ? (there seems nothing to plug my rca cable into it) As it is an older amp it just seems to have the older method of plugging in speaker cable in the designated space.

Comment

I've not used rca plugs for speakers in a very long time. My current amp (quite modern I guess) has the standard clips to slide the bare wire in to as do the speakers. I think my last amp to use rca or phono jacks as we called them was a Cambridge unit back in 1995. That was a really good amp from what I remember.

Comment

A classic arrived today, Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Comment

Punio, I don't consider myself a snob or totally audiophile, but, you've landed yourself a nice deck and decent amp, why not treat yourself to 2 nice decent bookshelf speakers and go all out stereo You can probably get a nice affordable pair from richer sounds. (that's if you're not somehow attached to the speaker you have...

I got a new record today. (amazon courier about 6pm)

This is the description :-

Available on 180 grm pink coloured vinyl LP. Musique de film imagin? (music for film imagined) is a soundtrack that pays homage to the great European film directors of the late 50's and 60's, such as Fran?ois Truffaut & Jean-Luc Godard (to name but two), created by Anton Newcombe on behalf of the Brian Jonestown Massacre for an imaginary French film. Guests on this daring symphonic experience are French chanteuse and multi-instrumentalist SoKo and Italian actress, singer and director Asia Argento. SoKo is signed to Because Music and her track 'We Might Be Dead by Tomorrow' was featured in the viral video 'First Kiss', which has garnered over 63 million views and debuted at number 9 in the Billboard Hot 100 last year. Asia Argento, who has starred in music videos for Marilyn Manson, Placebo and Tim Burgess, recently wrote the storyline for ASAP Rocky's music video and short film 'Phoenix', which has had over 5.5 million hits. Both vocal performances are in French. Anton Newcombe recorded Musique de film imagin? in Berlin in August 2014, after a successful European tour for the Brian Jonestown Massacre. Anton says: 'The album that you are about to hear is a soundtrack, my own creation, a tribute to great directors and filmmakers to an era that now seems to be behind us. Leaving the smart person to care to imagine that this art could now be in the shadow of its former glory. 'The interesting thing about this project is that the film does not exist either. Even so, I imagined and I realized its soundtrack... Now it's your turn, you are the listener to imagine the film.' Brian Jonestown Massacre returned last May with their 14th full-length album 'Revelation' to critical acclaim. It is the first album that was fully recorded and produced at Anton Newcombe's recording studio in Berlin and was released on his record label a recordings. Named in tribute to the legendary Rolling Stones guitarist and his influence in introducing Eastern culture and music into the world of Western rock & roll, Brian Jonestown Massacre formed in San Francisco, California in 1990. Two dozen band members later and numerous ups and downs (some have been famously sensationalized in the media), the one thing that has always remained consistent for this psychedelic collective, is front man Mr. Anton Alfred Newcombe.

Last edited by ShadowDancer; 20-05-2015, 23:01.

Comment

Coming to that conclusion!
                          Jamie had a pair for sale but they may have gone now.

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

i guess if I buy some older speakers I can just run speaker wire from speaker to amp

Comment

Punio, I'm pretty sure a standard pair of wharfedale diamonds...they should be kicking about at ?50, They'll do the trick. I have 70's mordaunt short pageant, they're beastly. The nicest speakers I had, that I probably changed too quickly were the Q Acoustics 2020i.

I'm looking at Pioneer HPM's. But the ones I like or most I've seen are quite expensive.

When I first started looking at vinyl hi fi, I was warned away from Pioneer, as mainstream et cetera, but, I've read stuff on forums with people with great and vast knowledge on the subject, and I've seen some high praise.

Truth is, no matter what your budget is, the choice is endless, its kinda fun, but part of me will always keep searching to upgrade and explore further.

I want to be in a better financial position, so if I do buy different, I don't need to sell anything I have.
                            Last edited by ShadowDancer; 20-05-2015, 23:13.

Comment

Last edited by ShadowDancer; 20-05-2015, 23:45.

Comment

Working...
                              X